Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 Jailbreaking       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Jul 27, 2017 at 6:14 AM       15      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Over the weekend we saw the MTX Key PS4 ModChip Installation Process, and today a Turkish YouTube user who goes by Yildiz PS3 PS4 Cafe shared some videos of the PS4 Game Installation Process when using an MTX Key with the PlayStation 4 console. :cool:

Beyond shops and resellers, some end-users are finally receiving their MTX Key ModChip (hopefully the MTX Key Gerber Files will surface soon), and while there is an English Install Manual and PS4 Game Transfer Tutorial many questions remain... so if you already have an MTX Key and can help answer some it would definitely be appreciated! <3

Thanks once again to @Figure03 for the tip in the PSXHAX Shoutbox! :thumbup:
MTX Key Game Installation Process Demos by Yildiz PS3 PS4 Cafe.jpg

Comments

Hi psxhax i wait jailbreak a year ago i have ps4 3.55 i want to know how much time to issue cfw is there anything close or very far ?

My guess is PS4 CFW isn't close yet, more likely a jailbreak for higher OFW than 1.01 / 1.76 and possibly another hardware mod before we see something convenient like Custom Firmware.

On the bright side they are making some interesting progress with PS4 Retail to DevKit modding so perhaps that will come into play with the recent RIF / IDX findings to allow game backups and homebrew on PlayStation 4... the wait continues.

I have 4.70 on my fat ps4, and was wondering if this mtx chip would work on it? I would like to add a thought from my mind from what I read so far, if this chip allows game sharing from one console to another with a external hard drive, then a full fledged jailbreak could come from this chip modifying some codes or by using the codes to inject homebrew and other pkg.

If the chip can only just allow game sharing, then a new chip would need to be created to install custom firmware using the same connections the mtx chip uses, but testing on the connections would be needed to be sure about this thought. More connections may need to be found to make this thought work. (I based this thought off of the last 3 hours of speed reading this site and others, I'm new to this in other words)

The MTX Key modchip works on PS4 4.70 fat consoles, the more important question everyone is wondering is for how long before Sony blocks / patches it... it could be as soon as the next Firmware update rendering the chip useless if so. :eek:

As you mentioned it's just a gamesharing modchip at the moment, so chances are good anything beyond that would require different hardware... although CFW is often synonymous with soft-modding so hopefully if / when we get to that point no chip or soldering will be required at all. (-:

I think that sony has 3 possible solutions to patch the vulnerability, since they can not change the NOR chip other than to remove a new plate with different chip model, is to change the protocols of the counter or flag to the hard disk, activate recognition of the idx of blu ray discs and record in even with how many ps4 is related and banned.

And the last analyze the mtx key and disable it with pre protocol where you save the flag in another variable, given being the last option the mtx key has no way to re flash so it is likely to design a new mtx.

It was necessary for the mtx to enter the rx tx, to re-flash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back