Category PS5 News       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Oct 10, 2019 at 2:36 AM       1,152       3            
Last week we caught wind of potential PS5 AI Voice Assistance functionality after a Sony patent for PlayStation Assistant was spotted, and recently another patent (sony-ps5-vr-headset.pdf) surfaced via LetsGoDigital.org hinting at rumors of a Next-Gen PlayStation VR (PS VR2) for PlayStation 5. 🤩

Below is a summary of the patent from Eurogamer.net, to quote: "Images show plans for a PSVR headset which includes two front and one rear cameras. A further camera is included on a PlayStation Move-style controller.

These headset cameras are in addition to the LEDs installed around the current unit. A microphone will again be included. There's also the option for a further, separate camera to track the user's movements - like the PlayStation Camera or Kinect.

Most excitingly, perhaps, is the mention the headset could be operated wirelessly, with data sent and received by Bluetooth. This would mean the unit also includes its own power supply.

One final point is the ability for the headset to show a 'transparent' view - made possible by those front-facing cameras - so you could see your surroundings through the screen.

Images from both of these cameras can be displayed at the same time, one per eye, producing a stereoscopic 3D effect. Alternatively, they could be used to overlay AR effects on your real-world surroundings."

Next-Gen PlayStation VR Patent Hints at PS VR2 for PlayStation 5 Rumors.jpg

Comments

azoreseuropa

Contributor
Verified
I hope not. Other huge headset ? That's why I didn't purchased PS4 headset because it was huge and UGLY design!! Come on! Make a mini headset instead. SMH!

mukasange

Contributor
is it still use dildothing to make it move? please make a better controller i don't want to turn into a gay by wearing those silly stuff

i don't mind huge headset as long as it's controller is not a dildothing

Recent Articles
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare & MediEvil Join New PS4 Games Next Week
Next week the PlayStation 4 gets some heavy hitters, including Call of Duty: Modern Warfare for PS4 on October 24th, and both MediEvil and The Outer Worlds on October 25th. 😃 Without further ado...
Sony Rumored to Unveil PS5 at PlayStation Meeting on February 12, 2020
Yesterday we saw the first PS5 DevKit Prototype Images, and although Sony confirmed the PlayStation 5 will launch during the Holiday 2020 season they haven't announced an official PS5 unveiling...
Leaked PS5 Dev Kit Prototype Images Surface from ZONEofTECH
Following the PS5 Development Kit Design Patent and PlayStation 5 Development Kit 3D Renders, this weekend ZONEofTECH shared some leaked Sony PS5 Dev Kit Prototype Images on Twitter with a video...
Sony Confirms PS5 Will Support PlayStation Now, New Controller Patent
In a recent interview with Famitsu Magazine, Sony's Yasuhiro Osaki confirmed that PlayStation 5 will support their digital streaming and downloading video game subscription service PlayStation...