Category PS5 News       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Oct 10, 2019 at 2:36 AM       1,223       3            
Last week we caught wind of potential PS5 AI Voice Assistance functionality after a Sony patent for PlayStation Assistant was spotted, and recently another patent (sony-ps5-vr-headset.pdf) surfaced via LetsGoDigital.org hinting at rumors of a Next-Gen PlayStation VR (PS VR2) for PlayStation 5. 🤩

Below is a summary of the patent from Eurogamer.net, to quote: "Images show plans for a PSVR headset which includes two front and one rear cameras. A further camera is included on a PlayStation Move-style controller.

These headset cameras are in addition to the LEDs installed around the current unit. A microphone will again be included. There's also the option for a further, separate camera to track the user's movements - like the PlayStation Camera or Kinect.

Most excitingly, perhaps, is the mention the headset could be operated wirelessly, with data sent and received by Bluetooth. This would mean the unit also includes its own power supply.

One final point is the ability for the headset to show a 'transparent' view - made possible by those front-facing cameras - so you could see your surroundings through the screen.

Images from both of these cameras can be displayed at the same time, one per eye, producing a stereoscopic 3D effect. Alternatively, they could be used to overlay AR effects on your real-world surroundings."

Next-Gen PlayStation VR Patent Hints at PS VR2 for PlayStation 5 Rumors.jpg

Comments

azoreseuropa

Contributor
Verified
I hope not. Other huge headset ? That's why I didn't purchased PS4 headset because it was huge and UGLY design!! Come on! Make a mini headset instead. SMH!

mukasange

Contributor
is it still use dildothing to make it move? please make a better controller i don't want to turn into a gay by wearing those silly stuff

i don't mind huge headset as long as it's controller is not a dildothing

Recent Articles
PS4 APU Floor Plan High-Resolution Die Shots & Vpikhur at Toorcon 2019
Those who enjoy PlayStation 4 eye candy may recall seeing PS4 System Controller High-Res Images awhile back, and recently Volodymyr Pikhur passed along some PS4 APU (Accelerated Processing Unit)...
JoystickUDP: Collection of Methods Using a PS4 Controller with UDPComms
Recently StanfordRoboticsClub shared on Github a collection of methods using a DualShock 4 PS4 Controller with UDPComms, which is a Python library to enable communication between different...
Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Joins New PS4 Game Releases Next Week
Explore the galaxy in the latest PlayStation 4 third-person action-adventure game Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order from Respawn Entertainment arriving to PS4 next week on November 15th. Play as an...
Feel The Power of Pro with PlayStation 4 Pro Latest PS4 TV Spot!
Right behind their It's Time to Play! campaign and Black Friday Deals, Sony is ramping up PlayStation promotions for the holidays with the latest PS4 TV spot showcasing the Limited Edition PS4 Pro...