Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 CFW and Hacks       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Jan 24, 2019 at 9:15 AM       68      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Following his recent RetroArch PS2 on PS4 homebrew package, PlayStation 4 developer @Markus95 has now released a PGEN PS2 emulator port PKG file for PS4 which emulates Sega Genesis / MegaDrive games for retrogamer fans! ;)

Download: Megadrive-Genesis_(PS2).pkg (25.69 MB) / UP9000-CUSB00002_00-SCUS974900000001-A0100-V0100.pkg (684.03 MB - Sega Megadrive / Genesis EMU & ROM Pack via @astronman) / MegaDrive (7.5 GB ROMs via @prezax)

This comes after the PS4NES / PS4GearSystem Nintendo Entertainment System Emulator (NES) and Sega Master System / Game Gear emulator ports, and to quote from his blog post on Logic-Sunrise.com roughly translated: PS4-MAJ Megadrive / Genesis Emulator (PS2) on PS4

After adapting and publishing the 2 PS2 cores (2048 and QuickNES) on PS4, here is another PS2 emulator adapted for our dear PS4: PGEN.

PGEN is a Megadrive / Genesis emulator, so you can launch your megadrive ROMs on your PS4.

This emulator uses the PS2 part of our PS4, although it is not native, it works very well.

This may cause waiting until the publication of RetroArch version PS4.

You will have to add your own ROMs in the ROMS folder, for that you will also have to decompile the FPKG (password: 00000000000000000000000000000000) with Fake_PKG_Generator, open the file disc01.iso with CDgenPS2, copy your ROMs in the ROMS folder, recreate the iso with CDgenPS2 and finally recompile the FPKG always with Fake_PKG_Generator.

You can copy as many ROMs as you want in the ROMS folder, even put a fullset if you want, only thing to respect is to put ROMs in .bin format ...

Another clarification, in the options of the emulator, configure the line "Renderer" on Line and not cell to correct some graphic problems.

Tutorial:
  • Decompile Megadrive-Genesis_ (PS2).pkg with FAKE_PKG_Generator
  • In the folder Image / recover disc01.iso file
  • Open this disc01.iso file with CDGenPS2 v3 (CDGenPS2 v2 per Chaos Kid)
  • You will find a ROMS file
  • Place ALL your ROMs in this folder
  • Then create the iso that you rename well disc01.iso
  • Rebuild the FPKG with the new disc01.iso file including your own ROMs with the same password (00000000000000000000000000000000).
PS: Another emulator is being tested and works pretty well, if you want to track my future projects and have a glimpse of this future moved, all that goes on here: Markus00095

Megadrive/Genesis (PS2) on PS4
Test Emulator Sega Mega Drive PS4 5.05 / ROMs
Remake PS4 EMU with ROMs via lee48uk
Repack and Install Megadrive Genesis PS2 on PS4 via donatelo27
Download: ppsspp_z80_libretro.zip (2.97 MB)
Genesis Emulator for PS4 (Homebrew) via MasterTurkey
Cheers to DEFAULTDNB for the heads-up on this news earlier today! :beer:
PGEN Sega Genesis MegaDrive PS2 on PS4 Emulator Port by Markus95.jpg

Comments

@dragonsurfer sorry to hear its not working for you, there is a ready made version listed here with hundreds of roms pre installed maybe try that.

what version of HEN are you using i am using HEN 1.8 to exploit my PS4 Pro

Thanks everyone i was able to fix my problem by saving the image file in cdgen as a .bin and using bchunk to convert the .bin to iso

@Docta make sure your roms are in .bin format

The one emulator im most hopeful for is mame for PS4. Even the hacked ps3 didnt have a good port. The only video game console im aware of that ever ran mame fairly well was the original xbox. Id also be happy to see a good dosbox and maybe scumm emulator.

I would like to take a moment to say thank you and good job to the moderators and administrators of this website. Ive actually been a member since 2006 which is a long time to maintain a quality website yet you have, and without pestering members for donations constantly and without having annoying pop ups and redirects.

And the moderators do a good job of fixing our posts merging them, adding links etc and generally keeping us from looking like idiots with our posts. And without whining about it or trolling people or constantly threatening to ban people. Its very well managed and refreshing so Thank you psxhax for being awesome.

im sorting some stuff out, but I just got ps2 DOSBox to run on the ps4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back