Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 News       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Nov 17, 2016 at 5:58 AM       34      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just like their previous PS4 OFW update, today Sony released PlayStation 4 System Software / PS4 Firmware 4.06 Update which once again 'improves' the quality of the system performance by patching more security holes as confirmed by @flatz on Twitter. :ROFLMAO:

Download: PS4 Firmware 4.06 Update (US) / PS4 Firmware 4.06 Update (EU) / PS4 Firmware 4.06 Update (UK) / PS4 Firmware 4.06 Update (AU/NZ) / PS4 Firmware 4.06 Update (JP)

Main features in system software update 4.06
  • This system software update improves the quality of the system performance.
:stop: Needless to say, don't update to PlayStation 4 Firmware 4.06 if you wish to run PS4 backup games and homebrew whenever a public PS4 jailbreak exploit / loader is released... and keep an eye on the PSProxy v4.1.0.0 PS4 Update Bypass's update button in case a new working version is pushed.
A BIG thanks to @Nesterwork for tipping us off in the PSXHAX Shoutbox and @bodeg for the Chaitin Tech PS4 exploit patch confirmation news from @flatz! <3
PlayStation 4 System Software  PS4 Firmware 4.06 Update Now Live.jpg

Comments

So if chaitin tech was waiting for a sony fix to release code, now is the time. I mean its outdated now so they can be more open about their code on the other hand we dont know if they even have the intention of releasing it. Furthermore we had more info about the kernel exploit with the pdf rumors in the forums lately but most of us, including my self, are sceptical on the matter.

That would be a nifty twist if they released the full exploit once Sony patched it, but I'm fairly sure the rules of the GeekPwn contest still apply and they can't / won't release it (short of hoping for a leak, perhaps?) :)

Oh i was unaware that geekpwn had rules when it comes to the exploit release. Anyways the had done a great amount of work with even proving that the kernel exploit existed. Its their code after all and they have every right on it.

I said this in the Shoutbox, but my take on it is that per @flatz the exploit was patched in 4.06 so under = <3
Oh i was unaware that geekpwn had rules when it comes to the exploit release. Anyways the had done a great amount of work with even proving that the kernel exploit existed. Its their code after all and they have every right on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back