Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 Jailbreaking       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Apr 24, 2017 at 4:52 AM       67      

Should Private PS4 GameSharing Methods Become Public?

• Hellz yeah, Umar FTW! Bring on the PS4 juarez.. YOLO!!!

• Umm no, let private buyers and sellers keep it that way.

• Who is Umar, and this poll is too controversial to vote on.

Results are only viewable after voting. You must Log in or Register to vote on the poll.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Every now and then we poll what members think about various discussion topics, with the last asking your feedback on whether you'd support PS4 dongles or not if someone came out with one.

:poll: In today's poll we'd like you to share your opinion on whether one of the rumored Brazilian methods used by online sites and local shops to fill PS4 HDD's full of games should remain private, or if the method should become public with a guide / tutorial documentation for the PlayStation 4 scene. :unsure:

Before casting your vote, here are a few pros and cons to consider:

Pros:
  • Everyone would be able to try it and learn at least one method how mass PS4 gamesharing is currently being done

• The PS4 gamesharing method exploits Sony's PSN online account security, meaning it wouldn't burn a kernel exploit that may be valuable to developers working on Linux as most aren't interested in backups

• It would slow down or stop online sites and local shops from making money transferring PS4 games to someone's HDD or selling pre-loaded hard disk drives
Cons:
  • If the method went public there would likely be an increase in backups on the PlayStation 4 console

• Sony would protect their business interests as they have with all the PSP / PS Vita / PS3 / PS4 Firmware exploits and inevitably patch the method through increased PSN account security, mandatory SMS verification or the necessary online changes to their PlayStation 4 activation / deactivation and primary / secondary system

• Once patched, the gamesharing method would no longer work for anyone including end-users and those making money from it (or planning to based on recent Russian videos - Part 1 and Part 2) online and at shops unless a new method or work-around was shared
Besides voting in the poll you can also share your thoughts on this discussion topic in the comments below! :kitty:
Poll Should Private PS4 GameSharing Methods Become Public.jpg

Comments

@devi0us learned it on his own, so it's his decision what he wants to do with what he learned of course. If I learned something nobody but me would decide what I can do with that knowledge, that's like going to college to be an accountant because you like working with numbers and a relative telling you they want you to become an artist or musician instead :p

The poll is just a survey tool to see what members opinions are on this topic, they won't ultimately determine his decision either way... the poll may end up showing people want it released publicly and he will decide not to, or it should be kept private and he'll release what he wants anyway.
Why not use an ad-blocker blocker? many sites use it. It would be sad to see this site die. I just whitelisted psxhax.com btw :p

This IS NOT a method a simple user could do, so is useless to make it public...

If you do it...

... sony already knows what this is, so just wait for a lawyer and a policeman knocking at your door soon.

Suppose a real backup loader is still a few years away, by then people will start looking into getting a PS5 instead :oops:
I dont think so, if qwertyoruiop ends up releasing its exploits, i can see someone releasing a backup loader in a couple of months.

the last jailbreak was different since very few people had such an outdated firmware.

lets see, but I hope Im right

also if it takes that much then I'll wait, I'm still playing ps3 anyways, its not like I'll skip ps4 because off that.

No, i say you need to buy a lot of games and have 1 or more consoles dedicated to do this. And a lot of time to accomplish with "customers". And found a way to sell that... at your risk.

C'mon... people cant inject games on ps3 and want to do it on ps4?!!! No way.

Most of these kids/babies think this is a warranty of free games... idiots!!!

yeah there is soldering and hw involved most likely making it harder for some people who don't know how to solder or use some hw so none the less making it harder for the end user

This is a half ass way to pirate games and probably not worth the price unless you live in a country with overly expensive games and no game rentals. Hopefully a proper backup loader comes out this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back