PS4 dongles or not if someone came out with one.
In today's poll we'd like you to share your opinion on whether one of the rumored Brazilian methods used by online sites and local shops to fill PS4 HDD's full of games should remain private, or if the method should become public with a guide / tutorial documentation for the PlayStation 4 scene.
Before casting your vote, here are a few pros and cons to consider:
- Everyone would be able to try it and learn at least one method how mass PS4 gamesharing is currently being done
- The PS4 gamesharing method exploits Sony's PSN online account security, meaning it wouldn't burn a kernel exploit that may be valuable to developers working on Linux as most aren't interested in piracy
- It would slow down or stop online sites and local shops from making money transferring PS4 games to someone's HDD or selling pre-loaded hard disk drives
Besides voting in the poll you can also share your thoughts on this discussion topic in the comments below!
- If the method went public there would likely be an increase in piracy on the PlayStation 4 console
- Sony would protect their business interests as they have with all the PSP / PS Vita / PS3 / PS4 Firmware exploits and inevitably patch the method through increased PSN account security, mandatory SMS verification or the necessary online changes to their PlayStation 4 activation / deactivation and primary / secondary system
- Once patched, the gamesharing method would no longer work for anyone including end-users and those making money from it (or planning to based on recent Russian videos - Part 1 and Part 2) online and at shops unless a new method or work-around was shared