Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 Jailbreaking       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Apr 24, 2017 at 4:52 AM       67      

Should Private PS4 GameSharing Methods Become Public?

• Hellz yeah, Umar FTW! Bring on the PS4 juarez.. YOLO!!!

• Umm no, let private buyers and sellers keep it that way.

• Who is Umar, and this poll is too controversial to vote on.

Results are only viewable after voting. You must Log in or Register to vote on the poll.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Every now and then we poll what members think about various discussion topics, with the last asking your feedback on whether you'd support PS4 dongles or not if someone came out with one.

:poll: In today's poll we'd like you to share your opinion on whether one of the rumored Brazilian methods used by online sites and local shops to fill PS4 HDD's full of games should remain private, or if the method should become public with a guide / tutorial documentation for the PlayStation 4 scene. :unsure:

Before casting your vote, here are a few pros and cons to consider:

Pros:
  • Everyone would be able to try it and learn at least one method how mass PS4 gamesharing is currently being done

• The PS4 gamesharing method exploits Sony's PSN online account security, meaning it wouldn't burn a kernel exploit that may be valuable to developers working on Linux as most aren't interested in backups

• It would slow down or stop online sites and local shops from making money transferring PS4 games to someone's HDD or selling pre-loaded hard disk drives
Cons:
  • If the method went public there would likely be an increase in backups on the PlayStation 4 console

• Sony would protect their business interests as they have with all the PSP / PS Vita / PS3 / PS4 Firmware exploits and inevitably patch the method through increased PSN account security, mandatory SMS verification or the necessary online changes to their PlayStation 4 activation / deactivation and primary / secondary system

• Once patched, the gamesharing method would no longer work for anyone including end-users and those making money from it (or planning to based on recent Russian videos - Part 1 and Part 2) online and at shops unless a new method or work-around was shared
Besides voting in the poll you can also share your thoughts on this discussion topic in the comments below! :kitty:
Poll Should Private PS4 GameSharing Methods Become Public.jpg

Comments

whats the point? 1st it would be patched in no time

then you would only have access to a limited list of games and not the whole library, and only how much your hdd could handle (also no future games)

we need a real backup loader for warez, this is not the way to go

I agree we definitely need a real PS4 backup game loader, but what about in the meantime?

Suppose a real backup loader is still a few years away, by then people will start looking into getting a PS5 instead :oops:

It has to be public. I refresh this site for at least once in 30min just to see if the method has been released. By the most desperate guy !
I agree we definitely need a real PS4 backup game loader, but what about in the meantime?

Suppose a real backup loader is still a few years away, by then people will start looking into getting a PS5 instead :oops:
Hey is the Brazilian method of unlimited game sharing is hardware hack? Is it that xmax katsu method ?

I think it should be public....I know it'd be patched quickly, but maybe if it was public, someone could reverse engineer it and make it better/easier. Or figure out more about what makes it work, maybe decrypt EBOOT files, etc...

Definitely NO, Sony is no dumb, they will employ some super strict measures, and all that will not least more than few months, that is said, no patience lead to nothing, I so badly want to play backup games and everything, but in a correct, traditional, old way, you know what i mean, a cfw, that allows us to not only play games, but to have several homebrews and different options

so my vow now, is to see qwertyoruiopz unleash what he has found until now, after that, i am pretty sure we should have something interesting. Come on qwertyoruiopz ! be the hero of this generation and release something ! (y) :start:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back