Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 Jailbreaking       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Apr 24, 2017 at 4:52 AM       67      

Should Private PS4 GameSharing Methods Become Public?

• Hellz yeah, Umar FTW! Bring on the PS4 juarez.. YOLO!!!

• Umm no, let private buyers and sellers keep it that way.

• Who is Umar, and this poll is too controversial to vote on.

Results are only viewable after voting. You must Log in or Register to vote on the poll.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Every now and then we poll what members think about various discussion topics, with the last asking your feedback on whether you'd support PS4 dongles or not if someone came out with one.

:poll: In today's poll we'd like you to share your opinion on whether one of the rumored Brazilian methods used by online sites and local shops to fill PS4 HDD's full of games should remain private, or if the method should become public with a guide / tutorial documentation for the PlayStation 4 scene. :unsure:

Before casting your vote, here are a few pros and cons to consider:

Pros:
  • Everyone would be able to try it and learn at least one method how mass PS4 gamesharing is currently being done

• The PS4 gamesharing method exploits Sony's PSN online account security, meaning it wouldn't burn a kernel exploit that may be valuable to developers working on Linux as most aren't interested in backups

• It would slow down or stop online sites and local shops from making money transferring PS4 games to someone's HDD or selling pre-loaded hard disk drives
Cons:
  • If the method went public there would likely be an increase in backups on the PlayStation 4 console

• Sony would protect their business interests as they have with all the PSP / PS Vita / PS3 / PS4 Firmware exploits and inevitably patch the method through increased PSN account security, mandatory SMS verification or the necessary online changes to their PlayStation 4 activation / deactivation and primary / secondary system

• Once patched, the gamesharing method would no longer work for anyone including end-users and those making money from it (or planning to based on recent Russian videos - Part 1 and Part 2) online and at shops unless a new method or work-around was shared
Besides voting in the poll you can also share your thoughts on this discussion topic in the comments below! :kitty:
Poll Should Private PS4 GameSharing Methods Become Public.jpg

Comments

Normally i'd be the last to say this, but in light of the fact that you can actually find this on your own with google, it honestly doesn't matter whether this site releases or not. We don't want offline games... We want multiboot support for linux and cfw as well as ofw. We want online spoofers and offline ;) game mods.

We want darth vader hud on gta 5 and ray gun in multiplayer. We want built in game save editors and ftp. We want coldboot editors with audio support. We want a media player with booking volume control and maybe better compatibility with different formats. Speaking of compatibility... The list goes on. Ultimately, i think a lot of us just want what we had on the ps3. A lot of tedious work that constantly left you at the brink of brick, without fear diving into the unknown.

Sadly, the freedoms we enjoyed back then were not only the result of sweating over the tutorials step by step, but the people who made it possible for the tutorial to be written in the first place, and i just don't see the same enthusiasm. 6 years ago you could walk into irc and people would generally be aholes at first but they all offered assistance to those attempting to mod their system.

Maybe it's too early to judge, but either way the way in isn't the same. It used to be if you looked for the key you would find it. Now all you can find is information on the lock. I guess that's key.

you are 100% correct and with that said book it! and book sony! release everything! @devi0us release the method tell qwertyoruiopz to leak the ksploit so we can get the ball rolling and rebug can make a cfw because 4.55 d-rex will look good on my pro lol and deank can port over multiman and we can all soon get back to the freedom we loved so much on ps3 :bananaman:

1.) What @B7U3 C50SS posted above was a private message on my opinion, i knew he was going to share it with you, didn't realise he was going to share it with everyone, not that i care, it is the same i would have said regardless of who asked.

2.) Wololo always released stuff in a timely manner and there were crap tons of exploits to 'burn', for instance he released at the weekend so Sony couldn't patch until the Monday, thus giving people plenty of time to make use of the exploit, with the one @devi0us claims to have, regardless of how its released, there is no way of giving it breathing time before Sony patch it.

3.) That 50 exploits release on the one day was a childish and dick move by the so called developers who did it and from what i remember it was all done in a strop, like the throw teddies out of the pram type sh*t, i was quite vocal on that back then, but i do not see how it makes Wololo a hypocrite, i have not seen him say that you should not release this method, he would have to be actively against the release of this exploit to be deemed a hypocrite.

4.) Is there actually going to be a release, or is this another hit piece such as the @racer0018 crap?
Members of Wololo's site released exploits they took their own time to find and wanted to share, and Wololo made a news article on them with Sony patching the holes as everyone knew they would.

The same applies here, a member learned a gamesharing method he would like to share with the community and if he decides to release it here or elsewhere that does not mean it is PSXHAX fault any more than what members release at Wololo's site being considered Wololo's fault.

That is just one example of the countless PSP and PS Vita exploits released, burned and patched by Sony over the years from Wololo's site and Wololo is a hypocrite for all his clickbait, fake news and everything else he accuses us of on Twitter.

Also please do not discriminate against members here by fabricating a double-standard, implying it's OK for Wololo and not OK for PSXHAX to do anything let alone allow members to share what they wish in the community.

Despite you agreeing it should be released and admitting you would love to know how it works you went on to say "there is no way of giving it breathing time before Sony patch it" which makes no sense at all.

Nothing was released yet, we have as much time as necessary to give it "breathing time before Sony patch it" which is a LOT longer than the 'weekend' you claim Wololo gave only before all the stuff he posted got patched over the years. How long should those who want it be made to wait @GregoryRasputin?

Either you are for releasing it with your blessing casting no blame on PSXHAX, or you are against the release and need to STFU if it's not being released (like @racer0018's group's work wasn't) because of hypocritical people like you who want to play both sides of the fence stirring sh!t at other's expense when the very hands you are biting are those willing to feed the PS4 scene for free.

Why not just slap PS4 Re-DRM dongle ads on your site now, because that is what it will inevitably come to if nobody shares for free in the PlayStation 4 scene... and you know it. :noexpression:

you are 100% correct and with that said book it! and book sony! release everything! @devi0us release the method tell qwertyoruiopz to leak the ksploit so we can get the ball rolling and rebug can make a cfw because 4.55 d-rex will look good on my pro lol and deank can port over multiman and we can all soon get back to the freedom we loved so much on ps3 :bananaman:

You seem to be a shadow of me.

Also please do not discriminate against members here by fabricating a double-standard, implying it's OK for Wololo and not OK for PSXHAX to do anything let alone allow members to share what they wish in the community.

Despite you agreeing it should be released and admitting you would love to know how it works you went on to say "there is no way of giving it breathing time before Sony patch it" which makes no sense at all.

Nothing was released yet, we have as much time as necessary to give it "breathing time before Sony patch it" which is a LOT longer than the 'weekend' you claim Wololo gave only before all the stuff he posted got patched over the years. How long should those who want it be made to wait @GregoryRasputin?

Either you are for releasing it with your blessing casting no blame on PSXHAX, or you are against the release and need to STFU if it's not being released (like @racer0018's group's work wasn't) because of hypocritical people like you who want to play both sides of the fence stirring sh!t at other's expense when the very hands you are biting are those willing to feed the PS4 scene for free.

Why not just slap PS4 Re-DRM dongle ads on your site now, because that is what it will inevitably come to if nobody shares for free in the PlayStation 4 scene... and you know it. :noexpression:
Hey f*ck face try f*cking reading.
1.) Where the f*ck did i say or imply that it is Ok for Wololo to do it and it not to be done here, reading comprehension clearly isn't your strong subject.

2.) Where the flying f*ck does me saying that i agree it should be released and saying there will be no breathing space correlate to me not wanting it to be released and how the f*ck does it not make sense? there will be no breathing space, that's fact, not my fault you do not have the ability to understand that.

3.) Now YOU, YOU of all people are calling me a hypocrite for zero reasoning at all, YOU who have profited LOADS of $£$£$£$£$£ from the PS2 and PS3 scenes want to lecture me on something i have never done and never will do, how about you take your slander and ram it so far up your ass.

PS @racer0018 group had nothing and he does not have a group and you KNOW that.

Wow, I broke @GregoryRasputin that easily by schooling you on the TRUTH in just a few replies? Resorting to a bunch of f-bombs is all you got left? Pathetic. :ROFLMAO:

To recap your utter nonsense, there is no breathing room nor will there ever be enough breathing room to release the gamesharing method... so everyone should continue paying to have their games transferred by those who know how to do it correct?

Here's some insight into @GregoryRasputin's tiny brain: He claims to be against backups but wants the PS4 backups method released (hypocrite!), so when it gets patched like we all know Sony will to protect their business then he can run around blaming PSXHAX for the gamesharing method being patched because someone picked this site to release it eh? Cool story bro! :D

@devi0us I sent you a PM not to release the method here since the hypocrites will blame PSXHAX when Sony patches it should it go public.

If you decide on your own to post it elsewhere we have no control over that nor will we be held accountable for your actions, but hopefully after reading through this thread you'll realize the same thing @racer0018's team did... that it simply isn't worth sharing your hard work with the scene for free when all you get is drama and ingrates in return.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back