Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 Jailbreaking       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Apr 24, 2017 at 4:52 AM       67      

Should Private PS4 GameSharing Methods Become Public?

• Hellz yeah, Umar FTW! Bring on the PS4 juarez.. YOLO!!!

• Umm no, let private buyers and sellers keep it that way.

• Who is Umar, and this poll is too controversial to vote on.

Results are only viewable after voting. You must Log in or Register to vote on the poll.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Every now and then we poll what members think about various discussion topics, with the last asking your feedback on whether you'd support PS4 dongles or not if someone came out with one.

:poll: In today's poll we'd like you to share your opinion on whether one of the rumored Brazilian methods used by online sites and local shops to fill PS4 HDD's full of games should remain private, or if the method should become public with a guide / tutorial documentation for the PlayStation 4 scene. :unsure:

Before casting your vote, here are a few pros and cons to consider:

Pros:
  • Everyone would be able to try it and learn at least one method how mass PS4 gamesharing is currently being done

• The PS4 gamesharing method exploits Sony's PSN online account security, meaning it wouldn't burn a kernel exploit that may be valuable to developers working on Linux as most aren't interested in backups

• It would slow down or stop online sites and local shops from making money transferring PS4 games to someone's HDD or selling pre-loaded hard disk drives
Cons:
  • If the method went public there would likely be an increase in backups on the PlayStation 4 console

• Sony would protect their business interests as they have with all the PSP / PS Vita / PS3 / PS4 Firmware exploits and inevitably patch the method through increased PSN account security, mandatory SMS verification or the necessary online changes to their PlayStation 4 activation / deactivation and primary / secondary system

• Once patched, the gamesharing method would no longer work for anyone including end-users and those making money from it (or planning to based on recent Russian videos - Part 1 and Part 2) online and at shops unless a new method or work-around was shared
Besides voting in the poll you can also share your thoughts on this discussion topic in the comments below! :kitty:
Poll Should Private PS4 GameSharing Methods Become Public.jpg

Comments

Public or not it will always be expensive for the end users !! For now I prefer to buy the psn games cracked I just purchased 10 AAA games as horizon and masseffect andro for only $ 20 lmfao :bananaman:

Normally i'd be the last to say this, but in light of the fact that you can actually find this on your own with google, it honestly doesn't matter whether this site releases or not. We don't want offline games... We want multiboot support for linux and cfw as well as ofw. We want online spoofers and offline ;) game mods.

We want darth vader hud on gta 5 and ray gun in multiplayer. We want built in game save editors and ftp. We want coldboot editors with audio support. We want a media player with booking volume control and maybe better compatibility with different formats. Speaking of compatibility... The list goes on. Ultimately, i think a lot of us just want what we had on the ps3. A lot of tedious work that constantly left you at the brink of brick, without fear diving into the unknown.

Sadly, the freedoms we enjoyed back then were not only the result of sweating over the tutorials step by step, but the people who made it possible for the tutorial to be written in the first place, and i just don't see the same enthusiasm. 6 years ago you could walk into irc and people would generally be aholes at first but they all offered assistance to those attempting to mod their system.

Maybe it's too early to judge, but either way the way in isn't the same. It used to be if you looked for the key you would find it. Now all you can find is information on the lock. I guess that's key.

yeah there is soldering and hw involved most likely making it harder for some people who don't know how to solder or use some hw so none the less making it harder for the end user
But thats ok... The hardware modification needs to be done only for one PS4 which has to be kept as master probably I guess. This might involve raspberry pi is my thought.

Basically must create a account and buy a lot of games in that modified ps4 ; then share it. I may be wrong.

yeah there is soldering and hw involved most likely making it harder for some people who don't know how to solder or use some hw so none the less making it harder for the end user
I think you're referring to the Xmax Katsu or Russian method, the one @devi0us uses he already confirmed doesn't involve additional hardware or soldering.
Why not use an ad-blocker blocker? many sites use it. It would be sad to see this site die. I just whitelisted psxhax.com btw :p
Thanks for your support, especially considering how much time I invest online here daily compared to Admins who just post a few things each day and bail on most other scene sites <3

If you do it...

... sony already knows what this is, so just wait for a lawyer and a policeman knocking at your door soon.
In most places free games are like using Kodi to watch free movies and PPV... unless you're failing to exercise common sense and due diligence, not using VPNs, placing ads selling for profit, setting up servers hosting copyrighted material etc the police and courts aren't going through the red tape of ISP's over privacy, personal use and what you do in your own home with millions of people (many being minors) involved to justify paying for high-speed Internet connections... and the ISP's know this so I wouldn't be too concerned :p
3eb4df9339b04183b6f3d6d726fde27b.png

Just a little heads-up as to what @GregoryRasputin told me before coming online over here. But I kind of agree with what he said on page 2.
Does that mean we can hold Wololo responsible for all the PSP and PS Vita exploits that were released on his site over the last 8 years since Sony patched them? :D

I figure we're up on him about 200 to 1 right now since so little actually gets released here, just one example of Wololo being responsible for over 50 exploits patched by allowing them to be posted on his site... hypocrites will do anything they can to cast blame in attempt to eliminate their competition if you haven't noticed by now. ;)

What if @devi0us posts it somewhere like Pastebin.com, is that our fault too? Are we responsible for everything that everyone posts on the Internet now? Grow up people, the world doesn't work that way and it's up to you to support those willing to share things for free with the scene instead of Re-DRMing and profiting off everything these days.

Does that mean we can hold Wololo responsible for all the PSP and PS Vita exploits that were released on his site over the last 8 years since Sony patched them? :D

I figure we're up on him about 200 to 1 right now since so little actually gets released here, just one example of Wololo being responsible for over 50 exploits patched by allowing them to be posted on his site... hypocrites will do anything they can to cast blame in attempt to eliminate their competition if you haven't noticed by now. ;)

What if @devi0us posts it somewhere like Pastebin.com, is that our fault too? Are we responsible for everything that everyone posts on the Internet now? Grow up people, the world doesn't work that way and it's up to you to support those willing to share things for free with the scene instead of Re-DRMing and profiting off everything these days.

1.) What @B7U3 C50SS posted above was a private message on my opinion, i knew he was going to share it with you, didn't realise he was going to share it with everyone, not that i care, it is the same i would have said regardless of who asked.

2.) Wololo always released stuff in a timely manner and there were crap tons of exploits to 'burn', for instance he released at the weekend so Sony couldn't patch until the Monday, thus giving people plenty of time to make use of the exploit, with the one @devi0us claims to have, regardless of how its released, there is no way of giving it breathing time before Sony patch it.

3.) That 50 exploits release on the one day was a childish and dick move by the so called developers who did it and from what i remember it was all done in a strop, like the throw teddies out of the pram type sh*t, i was quite vocal on that back then, but i do not see how it makes Wololo a hypocrite, i have not seen him say that you should not release this method, he would have to be actively against the release of this exploit to be deemed a hypocrite.

4.) Is there actually going to be a release, or is this another hit piece such as the @racer0018 crap?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back