Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
Status
Not open for further replies.
For those who haven't been following the PlayStation 3 scene lately, now you can run PS3 game backups on official Firmware (OFW) 4.70 consoles without any ODE and IDPS using the game injection method detailed below.

This is a bit reminiscent of the PS4 PSN Trick to Unlimited Share Games and PS4 Russian Jailbreak Method using a Raspberry Pi.

To quote from tukil, roughly translated: Starting backup on PS3 OFW 4.70 Tutorial

Now you can run backup games on the PS3 OFW 4.70 consoles without any ODE and IDPS.

What you will need:
1. Open archive GAME_CONVERT.zip any archive and extract packed inside GAME_CONVERT folder at any convenient place, preferably close to the root of the drive (NOT the folder path should be long and contain Cyrillic characters and other signs such as @ & () "/ [\ ]:;! | =,)

2. If you have downloaded the game in an ISO you need to unpack it or mount a virtual drive. Of all the files we need only PS3_GAME folder, copy it to GAME_CONVERT. This also unpack the archive GAME_CONVERT.zip, containing script-BAT and utility make_npdata. As a result, you should get this:

GAME_CONVERT.png

3. We go in and check out there PS3_GAME presence LICDIR folder. If not, then read a spoiler:

Creating PS3_GAME \ LICDIR \ LIC.DAT
Spoiler
4. Run CONVERT.BAT, continue to enter the name of our future in the game folder NPEBXXXXX format (where XXXXX any five-digit number), click the interval, waiting ... After the completion of the script, next to the other files will be almost finished with the game folder.

5. It's time to unpack the patch (s). If the patch is not one, then you need to unpack them all and merge into a single folder, from smallest to largest, while agreeing with the replacement.

6. Copy EBOOT.BIN file from the patch to the folder USRDIR our converted games. Editing, if needed, PARAM.SFO. (Change the version of the game, and the firmware on the exact same as in PARAM.SFO patch)

7. Finished the game folder and the folder with the patch throws in "TrueAncestor BACKUP Injector \ game" and create a backup for instructions. Something like this should look ready patch folder and games.

igra.jpg

To quote from ErikPshat via akela1979, roughly translated:

PS3 OFW RePack (ISO2PKG)

1. Insert the flash drive in the PS3 or an external HDD, formatted in FAT32.

2. Go to "System Settings> Backup Utility" and create a backup copy.

3. To unpack (* .pkg) use PkgView v1.3

PS3 PKGView v1.3.png

4. To add a game to use the backup TrueAncestor BACKUP Injector v1.70

5. Drag a folder with numbers "PS3 \ EXPORT \ BACKUP \ 000000000000" in "TrueAncestor_BACKUP_Injector_v1.70 \ backup" folder

6. Folders with the unpacked game move to folder "TrueAncestor_BACKUP_Injector_v1.70 \ game"
  • [NPXX00000] - The game itself
  • [BLXX00000] - Patch
  • DLC (if present)
7. Run injector.exe and Recompiling BACKUP with the game (carry out points "1", "3", "S")

TrueAncestor BACKUP Injector2.png

8. Restoring a backup to the PS3

:arrow: Sample test games by akela1979, to quote roughly translated:

Direct download [OFW] PS3 games via P2P and simply share the dumps

Discussion of the dumping programs for games relevant topics: Starting backups on PS3 OFW 4.70 - tool for injection PS3 games console OFW

1. Insert the flash drive in the PS3 or an external HDD, formatted in FAT32.
2. Go to "System Settings> Backup Utility" and create a backup copy.
3. To add a game to use the backup TrueAncestor BACKUP Injector v1.70.
4. Drag a folder with numbers "PS3 \ EXPORT \ BACKUP \ 000000000000" in the folder "TrueAncestor_BACKUP_Injector_v1.70 \ backup".
5. Folders with the unpacked game move to folder "TrueAncestor_BACKUP_Injector_v1.70 \ game".
  • [NPXX00000] - The game itself
  • [BLXX00000] - Patch
6. Run injector.exe and Recompiling BACKUP game items carry a "1", "3", "S".
7. Restoring a backup to the PS3.

Downloads
Finally, below are some older videos on the PS3 SuperSlim / Slim Jailbreak OFW 4.70 Method by tomy azura steanly and one from dylan pantinople for those seeking a visual demonstration:

PS3 Game Backups on OFW 4.70 Consoles Without ODE and IDPS Guide.jpg

Comments

Its been a long time since I looked into modding my ps3 and I mean years. I have a fat 80gb ps3 with ofw 4.46. Will this method work on my ps3 or should I try to find a slim one with a newer ofw?

Also do I need a console running a cfw. I have been researching on the site and saw a few methods that required both a console with cfw and one with ofw.

I tried doing this method but after running the game_console program I only end up with the BLES folder not a NPEB folder. Im probably skipping a step or something but I cant figure I out. I have a copy of J-Stars Victory VS that has the update. The game I have already has the EBOOT.bin file in the USRDIR Folder and the LIC.dat in the LICDIR folder.

Would it be better if I just ripped the iso myself and start from that. I also tried using KDW CFW2OFW v2.1 beta it would find the game but not the update. It just said J-Stars victory vs 0 updates even though the EBOOT.bin is in the correct folder.

(NPEB) IS npdrm or format of psn style games which you can make your discs into these formats with correct signing. if it's officially from a disc I recommend ripping from disc using multiman.

To copy games you need to be on cfw and recommend disc over npdrm rather then installing huge pkg format.

After installing the game on my PS3 when I try to play the game I get the error 80029530. I search it and I think that it has something to do with EBOOT.bin or the PARAM.sfo file but im not sure. Can someone give me some steps to fixing this error?

successful injecting to 4.70 ofw fat ps3, this is what i did... (you need a lot of waiting time and patience in this procedure)
  • my PS3 is in 3.60, i download the 4.70 update and install it...
  • using a USB fat32 create a backup of your PS3
  • i used the program named: KDW CFW2OFW v1.2
1. download PS3 game (the game must have the "PS3_GAME" folder on it)
2. using kdw cfw2ofw... click "PS3 game update", the game id (ex. BLUS12345)
** download only 1 update (i usually download the oldest update)
** No game update, means the game you choose cannot be injected
3. click LOAD PKG... and choose the game update you downloaded
4. after the PKG is loaded... it will ask for the "PS3_GAME" folder... (from your downloaded PS3 game)
5. wait (be patient) wait until it says successful blah blah blah
6. Go to your kdw cfw2ofw folder, you will see the 2 new folder (ex. BLUS12345 & NPUB12345) the 2 folders is your converted game. and ready to inject

your 2 files is now ready...
  • PS3 backup (folder with date and time.. ex. 201704011234)
  • PS3 game (2 folders as a pair for each game) you can add more games but in this example we use only 1
Using TrueAncestor...
  • go to your trueancestor folder...
  • paste your PS3 back folder (ex. "201704011234") to >>> "backup" folder
  • paste the 2 folders of your PS3 game (BLUS12345 & NPUB12345) to>>> "game" folder
RUN the trueancestor in administrator mode
  • press 1, choose your backup
  • press 3, choose your game (A to select all)
  • press S, to start the injection... (OK to start)
NOTE: you need a disk space of 2x the size of your total games. for example... you have a total of 100GB PS3 games converted 100GB is in the "game" folder, another 100GB will be created in the "workspace" folder in trueancestor then the "output" of your backup will be another 100GB

After TrueAncestor is done in injecting...
  • Go to "output" folder, and copy your new backup folder (same folder name of your original ps3 backup, but this time it has Games in it)
  • Paste it to you USB fat32 drive (PS3/EXPORT/BACKUP/paste here)
  • plug your USB fat32 drive in your PS3, and RESTORE from backup
  • test your game
hope this help someone... good luck

successful injecting to 4.70 ofw fat ps3, this is what i did... (you need a lot of waiting time and patience in this procedure)
Hi, some question about it ; does this procedure only require a ps3 with ofw? Or I also need of the cfw ps3 console either? Another question : Is it possible to do it with 4.81 ofw?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back