Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday we saw a brief guide covering PS3 Games with Older LIC.DAT Titles, and @ShadixAced shared a link HERE of a PlayStation 3 game compilation listing that can be injected with backups using PARAM.SFO license directory modifications with update patches running on OFW 4.75 through 4.81. (-8

To quote from in1975, roughly translated: Games running on OFW 4.75-4.81

1. Afro Samurai (BLUS30264)
2. Beyond: Two Souls (BCES01123 + NPEA90127) - release of Csalr etepm an
3. Burnout Paradise The Ultimate Box (BLES00462)
4. Call of Duty World at War (BLES00404) - most likely works and an American
5. Call Of Juarez Bound In Blood (BLUS30347)
6. Fight Night Round 4 (BLUS30285)
7. FlOw (NPUA80001)
8. Gran Turismo HD Concept (NPUA80019)
9. Heavy Rain: Move Edition (BCES00802 + NPEA90076) - release of Csalr etepm an
10. Mirror's Edge (NPEB90114 + BLES00322 or NPEB00052)
11. MotorStorm Pacific Rift (BCES00129)
12. Need for Speed Undercover (BLES00450)
13. Rayman Legends (NPEB90505 + NPEB01356)
14. Sleeping Dogs (NPEB01046 + NPUB90832)
15. Star Wars The Force Unleashed - The Ultimate Sith Edition (BLUS30445 + BLUS30144)
16. Stranglehold (BLES00144 + NPEB90044 or NPHB00017)
17. Syndicate (BLES01371 + NPUB90713)
18. Timeshift (BLES00159 + NPEB90036 or NPEB90049)
19. Trine (NPEB90200 + NPEB00100)
20. Watchmen The End is Nigh Part 2 (NPEB00108)
21. WipEout HD Fury (BCES00664)

If you want to prepare the specified games for the console on the console, then see below: The method, how to make the game work, is pretty simple. The game should have an official patch (and how else will we launch it from the internal disk?).

The patch is being unpacked, the contents of USRDIR, except for EBOOT.BIN and updated files (if any) are taken from the disk version. PARAM.SFO (from the disk) is edited. Change the Category from DG to HG and App Version to the patch version.

In detail about each game:

Spoiler

:arrow: Update: All Games Already Patched and Working Here alongside PS3GameExtractor_v1.8.zip (7.6 MB) and PS3GameExtractor_v1.8.1.zip (7.6 MB) followed by PS3GameExtractor_v1.8.2.zip (7.6 MB) from ErikPshat for those interested!

PS3 OFW 4.81 Backup Games Injection LICDIR Mods Listing and Guide.jpg

Comments

Hi guys,
I tried the update trick on F.E.A.R. 2 project origins BLUS30251. Copied all files except param.sfo from update 01.03 to game folder. Edited param.sfo of game =>> DG to HG , target version - 01.00 , app version - 01.03. I was happy to see the game on the XMB but once I clicked it , I got a black screen.

I had to restart the console. Any other tricks I can try ?
There are two ways to inject games using update trick if one gives blackscreen try the other one it should work. thats what happened with me with Nfs undercover i tried the first method it gave me a blackscreen i tried the second method and it worked. Report back if it works.

There are two ways to inject games using update trick if one gives blackscreen try the other one it should work. thats what happened with me with Nfs undercover i tried the first method it gave me a blackscreen i tried the second method and it worked. Report back if it works.
can you share a link to the second method ? I found one here : https://www.psxhax.com/threads/ps3-...mods-listing-and-guide.2258/page-5#post-24240 By egianiofoa on May 24, 2017:

Is this the other method?

can you share a link to the second method ? I found one here : https://www.psxhax.com/threads/ps3-...mods-listing-and-guide.2258/page-5#post-24240 By egianiofoa on May 24, 2017:

Is this the other method?
Sorry it took me so long to reply i was caught up in real life here are the ways of injecting this is translated from elotrolado.net

So it seems to be another way of injecting games into our PS3 OFW 4.81 without using a CFW ps3. People at spanish scene forum ElOtroLado.net have found 2 methods that don't involved using a Ps3 with CFW.

-------------------METHOD 1---------------------------

1. Download game's updates via PS3 GAME UPDATER or related tool, extract them with PKGView from the oldest to latest in a same folder (i.e: BLES00404), always merging the older update with the newer one.

2. Copy and paste update folder's content (i.e. BLES00404) except PARAM.SFO, to our game's PS3_GAME Folder, overwrite if necessary

3. Open PARAM.SFO file from the game's update folder with PARAM.SFO Editor and write down "Version" and "App_ver" values somewhere, we'll use them later. Close PARAM.SFO Editor

4. Now we open the PARAM.SFO file from the PS3_GAME folder, again with PARAM.SFO Editor and do this changes:

A. In "Category" change from "DG Disc Game (blueray)" to "HG Harddrive Game".
B. In "Version" change its value to the one we just wrote down
C. In "App_ver" change its value to the one we just wrote down
D. Click "Save" and close PARAM.SFO Editor

5. Rename PS3_GAME folder with the same name of our game's update folder but with a "GAME" at the end of it (i.e: BLES00404GAME)

6. Copy both folders (BLES00404 and BLES00404GAME) to the "game" folder of True Ancestor Backup Retailer (TABR). Remember to previously open TABR at least once if it's the first time using it and close it, then copy your PS3 backup in the "backup" folder of TABR or you won't see all of the folders.

7. Inject those 2 folders onto the backup of our ps3 with TABR, steps 1, 3, S. Copy the resulting of the "output" folder to a FAT32 pendrive or external HDD, then restore backup in our ps3. Process can be time consuming and is not 100% successful

-------------------METHOD 2-----------------------

1. Download game's updates via PS3 GAME UPDATER or related tool, extract them with PKGView from the oldest to latest in a same folder (i.e: BLUS30347), always merging the oldest update with the latest one.

2. Open PARAM.SFO file from the game's update folder with PARAM.SFO Editor and write down "Version" and "App_ver" values somewhere, we'll use them later. Close PARAM.SFO Editor

3. Now we open the PARAM.SFO file from the PS3_GAME folder, again with PARAM.SFO Editor and do this changes:

A. In "Category" change from "DG Disc Game (blueray)" to "HG Harddrive Game".
B. In "Version" change its value to the one we just wrote down
C. In "App_ver" change its value to the one we just wrote down
D. Click "Save" and close PARAM.SFO Editor

4. Copy the edited PARAM.SFO file from the PS3_GAME to the game's update folder

5. Rename game's update folder with the same name of our game's update folder but with a "GAME" at the end of it (i.e: BLUS30347 -> BLUS30347GAME)

6. Cut this folder (BLUS30347GAME) and paste it into the "game" folder of True Ancestor Backup Retailer (TABR). Remember to previously open TABR at least once if it's the first time using it and close it, then copy your PS3 backup in the "backup" folder of TABR or you won't see all of the folders.

7. Repeat step 1, that is, extract the or all updates from oldest to latest in a same folder (i.e BLUS30347), always overwriting the older update with the newer one

8. Copy all the content of the PS3_GAME Folder (EXCEPT PARAM.SFO file) into the game's update folder we've just prepared in the previous step (BLUS30347), overwrite if necessary.

9. Copy the BLUS30347 Folder we've just prepared to the "game" folder of True Ancestor Backup Retailer (TABR).

10. Inject those 2 folders into the backup of our ps3 with TABR, steps 1, 3, S. Copy the resulting of the "output" folder to a FAT32 pendrive or external HDD, then restore backup in our ps3. Process can be time consuming and is not 100% successful.

Thanks man, will try it out and let you know. I also have prince of Persia- BLUS30214 but I read here somewhere that it doesn't work - will try it out as well.

So did it work?
Yeah , but both failed.

Method 1 : black screen on click and then back to XMB - both games
Method 2 : black screen and I had to restart the console - both games

During method 2 , checked game size in XMB and it was only around 30 MB- the update size. I tried one more time but still the same result.

Well method 2 makes the acctual game act as an update and the update act as a game so the game starts from the game data (update) which is the actual game so if you want go to game data folder in ps3 you will see the game's name check size it will be the same as the real game size. some people call the second method game data trick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back