Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Previously we've seen the Russian / Brazilian, Egyption and standard PS4 GameSharing methods, but today PlayStation 4 hacker xmaxkatsu shared a glimpse at a hardware method he's using to get unlimited PSN games on primary accounts via Sony's latest PlayStation 4 Firmware 4.07! :openedeyewink:

This isn't the first time hardware mods have been suggested for the PlayStation 4, and his Tweet (below) states the following, to quote:

PS4 4.07 Unlimited PSN Gamesharing Hardware Method by Xmax Katsu.jpg"4.07 :) flash+HDD S/N bypass :) unlimit PSN primary acc share possible :)"

Just imagine how many times you could gameshare Destiny, Call of Duty, Final Fantasy VX, or any other game you'd like. Especially for the money-grabbers who hack a console to make revenue from it, I could see it go big in a way.

PS4 4.07 Unlimited PSN Gamesharing Hardware Method by Xmax Katsu 2.jpgWe'll see if I can speak with Xmax Katsu this week, and maybe we can find out a bit more over this topic. Hopefully he can post a tutorial over this, and what is needed in order to execute this to work!

Cheers to @mcmrc1 and @UmarDaBest559 for the news tip also in the PSXHAX Shoutbox! :lovewins:
PS4 4.07 Unlimited PSN Gamesharing Hardware Method by Xmax Katsu 3.jpg

Comments

game sharing and hdd s/n bypass is obvious.
except primary console used as main target to write to all systems as flash is restored since its jus fw img

I'm not sure if this is fixable by sony since it's basically cloning a console. If the nor chip and the hard drive are the only places that two consoles are different from each other and you clone both, the nor and the hdd, and intercept what ever identifier or serial number the hhd sends and replace it with the original console's hdd's id, I don't see what would be patchable about that. There might be other unique "ids" though. For example in the optical drive. But such a check should be circumventable in a similar manner.

What I am still a little confused by is the raspberry pi, that seems to function as a man in the middle. It's connected to the hdd via a usb-to-sata-adaptor and to the ps4's mainboard through its gpio-pins. Does that not make a hell of a bottleneck speedwise? Wouldn't it be a cleaner solution to clone the hdd's flash aswell? (It is possible as the article dinghy posted earlier shows (http://spritesmods.com/?art=hddhack&page=1)) Once you have a way of dumping and flashing all chips that have any sort of unique identifier on them, I don't see how sony could prevent you from doing so with a firmware update. Please tell me if I missed something.

PS: Obviously you cannot access psn with n-times the "same" console.
PPS: Another unique ID I just thought of are MAC addresses. Without an exploit those would probably be a hassle to change.

any news guys did any one know how these method working ???
what about the brazilian and russian method did any one have the link of these tutorial ??

I can confirm it works, but its private to avoid sony blocking this method with next update like it was when russian/brazilian methods were released to public.

After 3.50 update sony began to use counters of activation and deactivation, modes of recognition of the last one that was made in the console, put counters, the in sysconf appear the records of the last one that was made in the console and if these registries Do not match with the macronix..canned instantly no identifiers are needed simply a records counter

-at the moment all say for new method is working but no tutorial at public i dont know how to get these method i really need it also if is it not free no problem to me so please if any one can help me to get these method please sent pm to me

thx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back