Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 Jailbreaking       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Dec 11, 2018 at 11:01 AM       251      
Status
Not open for further replies.
For those following, this discussion is moved from the ongoing PS4 6.XX JSC_ConcatMemcpy WebKit Exploit POC thread and based on the Tweets below is not to be confused with M0rph3us1987's 35c3 Speech later this month. :ninja:

While there is no ETA just yet, established PlayStation scene developer @zecoxao announced on Twitter the following from the embedded Tweets below to quote:

"Top Secret method for ps4 6.02 coming soon..." followed by "reminding everyone that this is a method, NOT an exploit. it'll only be good for things like games, nothing else" and also "once it's patched, it'll be over again."

This rumored 6.02 PlayStation 4 method has also been confirmed as working on 6.20 now, and comes following both the Method to Handle PS4 Fake PKGs & SELF / FSELF and PS4 PKG Install from Internal HDD via FTP & BGFT Method by PS4 scene developer @flatz.

PS4 6.02 Top Secret Method for Games Rumored Incoming via Zecoxao.jpg

Comments

@sanyo23 Sadly, i have to agree with you.

I know that we often sound like little kids whining "gimme,gimme", but, things happen to slow. That is, PUBLIC things happen to slow, too much secrecy, too much self promotion, too much announcing....

Sure, keep the current ofw exploit private, if you have one, no problems. But keeping private exploits of months old and obsolete firmware are just... stupid. And no, i'm not buying that "it will be patched, it will be blocked" things.. of course it will, but, seriously, how many of us really believes that this can be hidden from sony? That they dont know? Or, that they dont on purpose leave some "holes" so that system can be exploited?

Cmon, just look at ps classic? Really, 2 days after release, its hacked and you can add any game u want. And suddenly everyone is buying consoles. And you believe that this is just coincidence....

@Koh23 Keeping kexploit hidden is the best what Devs can do! Why? Because as long as the bug in firmware isn't fixed, Sony will patch it directly after release of kexploit.

Release of kexploit makes only sense if Sony patched it by themselves and the kexploit won't have benefit for further firmware versions. Releasing an unfixed kexploit would be a pure waste of potential of the future.

So I'm thinking positive, as long as there is no new public kexploit available, I hope that even the latest firmware is already exploited (in private)

Maybe you are right, but i'm not buying it.....

But, lets say thats true. So, 6.20 exploit gets released, sony patches it and release 6.30 update... for example.

Then what.... We'll have tons of backups, scene explodes one more time, great stuff.

Downside is that this hole is filled now, and devs have to find another one.

Its a cat-mouse chase... Devs jailbreak, sony patches.. and so on,until someone gives up.

Or are u trying to tell me that this exploit is the only one, and once ita patched - game over? Dont think so.

Further, what future? Besides few individuals with knowledge and skills who actually make something, rest of us only use backups, right? And with no backups, theres really no need to stay on obsolete jailbreaked firmware, which mean people update, which mean all that great stuff that devs do and have in working progress are lost, and minimized to few enthusiast...

So, for scene to progress, every now and then newer public exploit is... well its not bad.

Even if a Dev got more than one kexploit (I guess that's right), why should they waste their hard explored kexploit for kids who just crying for backups without ever taking care about homebrew?

Devs use kexploit for their own usage and developments... Wasting them would start another hard search for new bug in firmware. So I'm still with the Devs not to release them as far as my explanation is the intention of those Devs.

Based on this explanation also new games won't ever be a reason for a release.

Maybe a group which is able to get the kexploit is interested in making money and will sell a dongle, or whatever... If this will happen maybe also a Dev will public a kexploit.

But of course, I also would appreciate a new kexploit, well... But I'm only a user without Dev skills, so I've to be patient. And it's not my style to be pushy and cry for new releases ;)

@SirSilvan83 the problem is that in this scene both developers and no developers are kids using twitter for the first time (majority)... we just need to read what Mathieu Hervais wrote about this method but many other tweets cam prove what i saying. and if what u say is true why is nintendo scene so different? (and i dont need dongle to hack my switch)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back