Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 Jailbreaking       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Dec 11, 2018 at 11:01 AM       251      
Status
Not open for further replies.
For those following, this discussion is moved from the ongoing PS4 6.XX JSC_ConcatMemcpy WebKit Exploit POC thread and based on the Tweets below is not to be confused with M0rph3us1987's 35c3 Speech later this month. :ninja:

While there is no ETA just yet, established PlayStation scene developer @zecoxao announced on Twitter the following from the embedded Tweets below to quote:

"Top Secret method for ps4 6.02 coming soon..." followed by "reminding everyone that this is a method, NOT an exploit. it'll only be good for things like games, nothing else" and also "once it's patched, it'll be over again."

This rumored 6.02 PlayStation 4 method has also been confirmed as working on 6.20 now, and comes following both the Method to Handle PS4 Fake PKGs & SELF / FSELF and PS4 PKG Install from Internal HDD via FTP & BGFT Method by PS4 scene developer @flatz.

PS4 6.02 Top Secret Method for Games Rumored Incoming via Zecoxao.jpg

Comments

There is only one way to push devs releasing working kexploits: paying them big money. How to do that? Someone have to start collecting donations in public. When one of devs decides that collected sum is enough it releases kexploit and takes money.

@Sanyo I'm not familiar with Switch scene, but some good points from your side. Maybe the truth is somewhere in the middle.

Some Devs who want to protect their kexploit not to waste them, some Devs who only wants to get some attention... But however, both kinds have good reasons not to release them.

Btw, wasn't the switch affected by an hardware bug, so release of the jailbreak was without risk that bug will be fixed soon?

While releasing an exploit will get sony to patch it in the next release, Devs would surely find new ways to circumvent security, so releasing an exploit/method isn't the end.

Sure, but it took years between 1,76 and 4,05 jailbreak, so ps4 seems to be much better protected than other devices. So I don't expect that there are tons of exploits are available or even already explored.

Hey at least we get something XD the xbox can't really boot backups due to its security and Sony has the best exclusives.

All Xbox games are on pc anyway and I'm just grateful that the scene is progressing and eventually we will all have something. And I'm quite sure after the ps5 releases the ps4 will be completely compromised like the ps3 is now.

I still remember the early days of the ps3 3.55 scene. Good times:) but now latest fw gets hacked a day after release and even games can be played on official fw. All good things come to those who wait :)

Developers say users only care about backups and not homebrew so they leave. Users see few homebrews so they leave.

How can we care about homebrews if devs aren’t developing them at a steady pace. That’s the reason people get excited at the slightest ripple in the scene.

And then some say devs hide the kexploit so they can develop more homebrew. Again, what homebrew are we talking about? The ones claiming to have the kexploit aren’t developing anything worthy of this excuse. They just keep it for themselves for whatever reason.

I’m thankful for all that’s been given to us by these devs. But those hiding behind pathetic excuses and looking down on us from their towers are deserve no respect.

@HackYourPS4 wrong buddy. And they wind them selves right up in prison.

Honestly, I'm surprised they haven't locked this thread. I'm seeing many people toss the word "children" and "kids" around. Information aside, all i'm seeing is couple dozen pages of you preying on people.

I'm all for what the Russian hackers did when they provided opportunities for people to enjoy Horizon Zero Dawn with spoofed firmware. But i remember during seanp's youtube streams showcasing 4.05 content they would troll him hardcore to the point of scaring him thinking he had a timebomb brick.

The sense of entitlement here is crazy! The devs do this but im sure have a life.

i have 2 ps4 5.05 am as excited as the rest to play free stuff.. i mean keep it real people thats what we are waiting for. Stop bitching and making false speculations with zero substance. it comes when it comes i check like 20 times a day.. Do some of you contribute, maybe a few bucks or ur time. i dont so im quiet. try it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back