Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 Jailbreaking       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Jan 29, 2017 at 4:20 PM       88      
Status
Not open for further replies.
They say history repeats itself and every year starts with a PS4 dongle jailbreak rumor, as in 2015, in 2016, another in 2016 and now to kick off 2017 the latest PlayStation 4 dongle rumor being that despite their Twitter being dead, the Facebook page of Team SGK is abuzz since news of PS4 4.07 Unlimited PSN Gamesharing by Xmax Katsu broke.

Now they're attempting to peddle everything from 1.76 / 3.55 PS4's to Raspberry Pi's, Teensys & PS3 Console IDs with the coup de grace being an alleged PlayStation 4 dongle USB device purportedly from China for playing PS4 game backups. :cautious:

But wait.. there's more! They want you to Go to HeLL (specifically the HeLL Forum pictured below, and you'll need the Tor Browser to access this .onion link available only on Darknet / Deep Web) and then deposit 0.1 BiTCoin (@ash721 said $70 $91-92) to join the forum which they claim will be refunded after your first post or contribution. :bananaman16:

As ironic as it would be if their dubious 'thing' used the same PS4 exploits that Chaitin Tech and Fail0verflow used but won't share, prompting either team to release theirs so that nobody in the scene would give good money towards their work to third-parties (Team SGK and the Chinese) it begs the question:

Why would ANYONE pay for ANYTHING such as this in 2017?! :ROFLMAO:

Assuming it is legit (highly unlikely, moreso just a quick cash grab attempt) as soon as it's out in the general public the information, files, etc will be passed around faster than an iPhone 9 jailbreak for FREE just like everything else digital these days and scene developers will reverse-engineer and hack it to pieces. :bananaman17:

Anyhoo, feel free to use this topic for the related discussion (meme's welcomed!) and if anyone out there does find out more on this supposed Chinese PS4 dongle being marketed by Team SGK by all means do enlighten us. :notworthy:
PS4 Dongle 2017 Rumor Team SGK China USB for Game Backups.png

Attachments

• meme.jpg
    meme.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 808

Comments

Lol gotta admit all these fake stories are entertaining. I am surprised that backups methods for Xb1 and ps4 have been very limited.

Even with all the VPN tunnels and proxies in the world if the Feds want to get someone on the Darkweb they will imo... as for Sony, they would probably target that Facebook page similar to how they went after GeoHotz's Twitter account. :cautious:

So how thousands of chinese guys still use forbidden sites through The Great Firewall?

It's not so hard to be completely secure but you have to know how and Im not gonna tell you lol

this is literally a satire post.. come on.

EDIT: Geohot as a twitter handle.. still, at this point... He's aloud to have one now anyway..

https://twitter.com/comma_ai that's him I think. or one of his lawyers. or someone that does legal work for him.

EDIT 2: this whole thread sounds like a damn commercial. a satirical one.

To play devil's advocate, I actually believe there is some 'private method' being kept quiet from the general public as several people who've been with us for quite some time mentioned it both here and on the old site.

It's not a 'OMG PS4 Jailbreak' thing though, just a way some 'overseas shop owners' are making a living by loading up PS4 HDD's with shared games that work... similar to the public methods already posted and not patched by Sony yet.

That said though, I don't think this method is anything people looking for a holy grail such as a PS4 Jailbreak or PS4 CFW will have a ton of interest in as it's probably time-consuming, tedious and may not work with all games or game updates, etc.

If anyone knows more who can bring the rest of us up to speed that would be very much appreciated, and of course we understand if you can't reveal all of the specific details since Sony's likely keeping tabs on the hacking scene including what's posted here. :angel:

@PSXHAX To be honest, I gathered that you are pretty much literally screaming at us to notice how fake this is. BUT if you believe someone has dongle methods. i am going to ask, "who's your best bet on who it could be?" I don't think SGK has a dongle method.

A dongle method I'm clueless on.. if I had to guess, likely candidates would be the dongle camps from the PS3 scene.

D'oh.. just realized I went on a bit of a tangent, I was really following up from my earlier comment here:
As for them having a 'special method' chances are great it's just the same method that others in the scene (and on this site, such as Collectionps4 are claiming) and nobody wants to publicly reveal it out of fear Sony will block it like the Russian / Brazilian methods or European Method (which isn't blocked yet, is it?) :unsure:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back