Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 Jailbreaking       Thread starter stooged       Start date Feb 23, 2018 at 7:49 AM       260      
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been messing around with trying to get my VR headset to work with 4.05 for a little while, and because the VR headset is updated to the latest firmware it wouldn't work.

Just recently @XVortex pointed out you can poke a memory value to sort of spoof the system firmware version, so I tried what he said and put together a Enable_VR.bin payload (load the HEN payload and then load the VR payload because the Web exploit will say invalid import map, or use this idc.zip modified IDC exploit to launch it as I have added the 5.05 sections so it does not complain about import map) to poke the offset and found it allowed my VR headset to work.

:arrow: Update: Ok I sorted out the problem and merged the enable VR mod into XVortex's HEN 1.3 so you can now just run this 1 HEN payload and play VR with the source code below:

Download: ps4-hen-VR.zip (0.01 MB) / ps4-hen-VR.tar.gz (0.05 MB - Source Code) / usb_hen_vr.zip (0.03 MB - for USB Stick) / Ps4_Serve_v1_8.apk / Enable_VR_455.zip / usb_455_vr_enable.zip (0.02 MB) / ps4-hen-VR.zip (0.01 MB) / Enable-VR-50X

I only have 1 VR game to test on at the moment as I have to download the VR games now, but it is Resident Evil 7 and its working with my latest updated VR 3.10 and 4.05 + HEN.

Huge thanks to @XVortex, as you can see this is my VR information:

PS4 HEN Enable Updated PlayStation VR Payload with Source Code.jpg

And this is the game running on VR:

PS4 HEN Enable Updated PlayStation VR Payload with Source Code 2.jpg

Tested a few more VR games and all works well:

Rush of Blood:

PS4 HEN Enable Updated PlayStation VR Payload with Source Code 3.jpg

VR Worlds:

PS4 HEN Enable Updated PlayStation VR Payload with Source Code 4.jpg

Arkham VR:

PS4 HEN Enable Updated PlayStation VR Payload with Source Code 5.jpg

Comments

@DEFAULTDNB

yes that's the spoof offset.

there is nothing really to customize as all you need is to spoof the version to a higher number than the vr firmware is looking for.

changing the 5.05 will have no effect unless you change it to a number below what the vr firmware wants and then you will get the update message.

I updated the 4.55 vr payloads on GitHub to 6.05 to keep ahead of 5.53 and any vr updates that might have come with it.
if you want you could just put it at 9.05 and not have to bother with it again.

Code:
*(uint32_t *)(kernel_base + 0x144B600) = 0x9050001;

@Thedudeman808
thinking about that error code that was the error I first had with the 4.05 vr spoof which turned out to be the hen payload causing a conflict with the vr.

this wasn't a problem with the 4.55 hen but other 4.55 payloads might cause a conflict with the vr.

make sure you run no other payloads at all just run this 1 payload and try https://github.com/stooged/ps4-hen-VR/releases

@stooged so I ran the payload and it showed the 6.05 the initial time and I did not update when it said to. When I try to run Doom VR, I get a code E-FFFFFFD2. So do I need to restart, run the package and update? It states I must update system software to version "%1 or later" and that I am running 4.55.

Does anyone know how I can get my PS Move controllers to work? I've tried everything but I haven't had any luck. I'm currently on a PS4 Pro 4.55 FW and the PS Move controllers are from the Skyrim VR Bundle.Thanks Kindly.

@Paul23 mine do not work also , i have the same bundle. The thing is that the Skyrim bundle has VR Version 2 and the move that comes with it is the new ps4 version that is not working yet with psvr payload provided here. Stooged is trying but we may have to wait the scene to evolve. Meanwhile, the ps3 move works fine i heard. Cheers mate.

@Paul23

Right now the only ps move controllers that work are the old ones from the ps3.
The ps4 branded ones require firmware 4.70 and wont pair to the 4.55 system.

@stooged do you think there is any chance in the near future that we can use the psmove controllers and play the newer vr games using psvr payload and PsHen? Thank you for all your effort.

You cant play any games that require firmware higher than 4.55 on 4.55.

Any game can be dumped on 4.55 but we cant decrypt the eboot and prx files so they are unplayable.

The "ps4" psmove controllers wont pair on 4.55 because there seems to be something missing in 4.55 that was added to 4.70 to allow them to pair.

For now all people can do is find the ps3 move controllers and use them

Thank you all for clarifying that for me. I thought I was the only one that was unable to pair my ps move controllers. This makes a lot of sense know. :D Thank you guys so much. I can finally get a good nights sleep. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back