Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Since the release of PS4 HEN (which can be used with Android and iOS) the 4.05 PlayStation 4 scene has been on fire while PS4 developer @CelesteBlue worked on a PS4 System Update Blocker with testing and hosting done by @LightningMods followed by V2 and V3, V3.1, V3.2, PS4 4.55 Update Blocker HEN and PS4 4.55 Update Blocker HEN V3! :fire:

To recap briefly, we've seen guides on how to block PS4 updates, covered some reasons why you may want to block them, reported on Sony blocking some PS4 Playground sites in PS4 Web browsers, and most recently added a tutorial on how to remove the downloaded PS4 Update PUP from your system if it hasn't been installed yet. :sneaky:

Download: HEN + Blocker.bin (13.8 KB) / BlockerV2.bin (14.3 KB) / GIT / UpdateBlockerFTP.bin (22.1 KB - V3) / PS4 4.55 Update Blocker FTP GIT / Blockerv3.1.bin (22.0 KB) / Blockerv3.1woSpoofer.bin (22.1 KB) / BlockerV3.2.bin (22.1 KB) / UpdateBlocker+HEN+Spoofer.bin (1.00 MB) / GIT

To quote from the included README.md: PS4-HEN-Update-Blocker-Payload

This Payload contains Debug settings, Update Blocker, and HEN in 1!
  • UPDATED
only 14kb now
  • More Info
The update blocker creates a folder in /update and unlinks the folder DO NOT REMOVE IT You WILL still get the notification of a update let the update download to %100 then you will be greeted with a "Cannot download" message and you cannot install it either so now you cannot update it accidentally...

You can use my website to inject it without injecting it via PC

Spoiler

Special Thanks to

CelesteBlue
Specter
XVortex

and whoever im missing

Spoiler

How To Remove Update Blocker On 4.05 To Update To 4.55 (PS4 Jailbreak)
Cheers to @LightningMods for the heads-up in the PSXHAX Shoutbox earlier! :beer:
PS4 HEN Update Blocker Payload with Debug Settings by CelesteBlue.jpg

Comments

So this update blocker just creates empty files with the same name as the PS4 update file/temp files, hence preventing the update from being downloaded. I assume that any system update will be prevented, including system updates inside an external USB HDD.

However, doesn't this also mean that you have to keep in mind to remove it when you DO want to update when a new exploit is out on a higher firmware?

No, that will only create a folder on your ps4 hdd to prevent the download au firmware updates. If you ps4 downloaded already a fw update then you have to delete it manually via ftp. After that you can open the link from you post to prevent future firmware updates.

I've tried running the v2 payload a few times now but i seem to have problems. My PS4 seems to randomly shut down among other things.

I haven't seen anyone asking this. I am using V2 and it's working well. I just want to know how to revert back (in case later on 4.05 is not THE fw to jb, maybe 5.05 is and we all need to revert and update to 5.05, etc.)?

I try to remove the folder created by V2, but when I check for update it still say "latest, no more update" (meaning-wise, not literally because I forgot the wording). When I check there is another file in there updateinfo.bin which said "<version:01000000><lastver:03550001>" I think is because of that, but I don't know what the original should look like in order to "re-trigger" the update to be downloaded...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back