Category PS4 Jailbreaking       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Sep 23, 2017 at 5:06 AM       9,888       20            
Following the version 1.01, 1.50b, 1.52 / 1.60 and 1.62 ports of the PS4 Playground and Sony's recent PS4 Firmware 4.74 update, today @HydrogenNGU announced on Twitter that Sony appears to be blocking e✘treme-Modding's PS4 Playground from 1.76 Firmware Web Browsers. :nolove:

He also reports that AzuraMenu located at AzuraMenu.com is not blocked as of yet, but whether Sony is on another rampage against PlayStation 4 homebrew developers remains to be seen. :eek:

Below are some of the recent tweets, and if anyone here is still on 1.76 OFW who can also confirm this rumor that e✘treme-Modding's PS4 Playground is blocked let us know in the comments. (y)

:arrow: It's confirmed to be working when using a proxy, with several links HERE for those interested.

Cheers to @B7U3 C50SS, @ombus and @twostepmic for passing word along in the PSXHAX Shoutbox! :beer:
Sony Rumored to Be Blocking PS4 Playground From 1.76 Web Browsers.jpg

Comments

GrimDoe

Game Mod Developer
Developer
Contributor
Verified
You got it backwards for you to (Modify) your Consoles/PS4
You Don't update your Console
Especially through the Sony PSN.
Only through already hack/ modified respectables sources.

I'm hoping this doesn't require a VPN down the Road ?

dodolover

Contributor
i know what you mean i have a 1.76 console with permanent browser mod i want to know what sony is blocking is it the playground web kit sites ? how are they gonna target the 1.76 versions ?

Recent Articles
PS4 APU Floor Plan High-Resolution Die Shots & Vpikhur at Toorcon 2019
Those who enjoy PlayStation 4 eye candy may recall seeing PS4 System Controller High-Res Images awhile back, and recently Volodymyr Pikhur passed along some PS4 APU (Accelerated Processing Unit)...
JoystickUDP: Collection of Methods Using a PS4 Controller with UDPComms
Recently StanfordRoboticsClub shared on Github a collection of methods using a DualShock 4 PS4 Controller with UDPComms, which is a Python library to enable communication between different...
Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Joins New PS4 Game Releases Next Week
Explore the galaxy in the latest PlayStation 4 third-person action-adventure game Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order from Respawn Entertainment arriving to PS4 next week on November 15th. Play as an...
Feel The Power of Pro with PlayStation 4 Pro Latest PS4 TV Spot!
Right behind their It's Time to Play! campaign and Black Friday Deals, Sony is ramping up PlayStation promotions for the holidays with the latest PS4 TV spot showcasing the Limited Edition PS4 Pro...