Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 Jailbreaking       Thread starter ilovewaffles       6      
Status
Not open for further replies.

ilovewaffles

Contributor
I know your all going too hate me but here it goes...

I've been going insane looking through this forum trying to find the answer, but there are so many damm terminology's and I haven't been in this site in a while. Basically I have a jailbroken ps3, 3.55, able to play backups and all that good stuff.

Now my question is what ps4 do I need that would allow me to do the same thing. I'm assuming a certain firmware and a certain mod that I would have to purchase which I am quite alright with. I hate being that guy but I'm at a loss right now. Appreciate the help everyone

1.76 and it's a browser-based hack. meaning you must open the browser on PS4 and navigate here:
After going there. go to the 1.76 custom playground and you'll have all that good stuff like loading Linux and code execution, etc.

:arrow: Update: There are reports of Sony blocking the eXtreme-Modding PS4 Playground, so if you run into any issues try the original PS4 Playground or an updated mirror.

How to Setup PS4 WebKit Playground & Enable Internet Browser! [1.76 & Below]

Yep, there's a public PS4 jailbreak for both 1.01 and 1.76 Firmware consoles at the moment.

If you search online (Amazon, eBay, etc) you'll be able to find PS4 1.76 consoles but compared to PS3 there is no Custom Firmware for PS4 yet... nor is there an easy way to run game backups unless you also have an activated PS4 DevKit / TestKit as outlined in this guide.

Yep, there's a public PS4 jailbreak for both 1.01 and 1.76 Firmware consoles at the moment.

If you search online (Amazon, eBay, etc) you'll be able to find PS4 1.76 consoles but compared to PS3 there is no Custom Firmware for PS4 yet... nor is there an easy way to run game backups unless you also have an activated PS4 DevKit / TestKit as outlined in this guide.
That is just pure insanity. So your saying if i buy the 1.76 PS4, and activate a PS4 Devkit I'll have a PS4 with the ability to play any backups? And also I read that there are very few games able to even be played on 1.76 because of how low the firmware is, is that also true?

Unfortunately the PS4 scene hasn't progressed to that of the PS3 with CFW and game loaders yet. Finding a 1.76 PS4 is the easy part, getting ahold of an activated PS4 DevKit / TestKit is extremely difficult unless you are a licensed developer... and even then, you'll need to manually manipulate each game's files to get them to run so it's not simple like launch a game backup image and play.

There are a few Minimum Required Firmware lists to run PS4 games for reference, and hopefully homebrew developers will deliver all the stuff you're used to seeing on the PS3 only for PS4 in coming months. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back