Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 Jailbreaking       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Jul 12, 2017 at 6:08 AM       83      
Status
Not open for further replies.
This past Monday the PS4 MTX Key first surfaced for PlayStation 4 gamesharing on OFW 4.71 and works on latest PS4 4.72 Firmware, while today Westingames shared more pictures and a demonstration video of the PS4 ModChip known as the MATRiX (MTX) Key for those not concerned it will inevitably be patched once Sony gets their hands on the IC chip and examines it. :cautious:

Download: Instruction for PS4 MTX KEY (PS4 FW 4.71&4.72 Hacked).mp4 (82 MB)

Based on their Product Page it appears Westing Technology Co Ltd is located in China and is a wholesaler as they currently are not allowing orders to be placed for under two boards.

From the video's caption, to quote: Modify IC Chips MTX Key for All PlayStation PS4 Slim/Pro

FEATURES:
  • Compatible with models PS4 10, 11 & PS4 Slim 12
  • 6x Wire Installation for an Easy Install!
  • Compatible with PS4 Firmware 4.71 and 4.72
  • Allows you to move your downloaded games to your Hard drive
To quote from WestinGames.com: What is the PS4 MTX Key?

The PS4 MTX Key is a hardware modification for the PS4. It allows groups of friends to share games between their PS4s with no limitation. In other words, one of your friends buys a (digital) game on the PSN through a shared account, then the whole group can play the game on their own PS4.

The only difference between gamesharing and backups is that initially, one of the users in the group needs to buy the original game, which can then be shared with a potentially unlimited group of friends.
PS4 ModChip MATRiX (MTX) Key for Firmware 4.71 4.72 Demo Video 2.jpg

PS4 ModChip MATRiX (MTX) Key for Firmware 4.71 4.72 Demo Video 3.jpg

Cheers to @Figure03 both HERE and in the PSXHAX Shoutbox for the news tip this morning! :beer:
PS4 ModChip MATRiX (MTX) Key for Firmware 4.71 4.72 Demo Video.jpg

Comments

Either way Sony will patch it I'm sure... the question is will they be able to do it before the first batches of MTX Keys ship or not :cautious:

No, this is not like Pi and cloning chip. This is our method that we sold only in private, but some people want copy this. They don't understand, that method will be close soon if they send board for over the world.

This is my device for this method, and I do not need to leave it in the console after the trick.
do you have to download games on external or you can download it directly to internal?

do you have to download games on external or you can download it directly to internal?
You have three possible solution !!

1: on a first console you put the account you download the games, then you plug an external hard drive you move the games on. Then you clone this disk to other external hard drive with a hard disk cloning machine!

2: You download the games on a console, then you do the backup of the console that you then restore on the console that will be hacked with the chip! The games will be locked but once the account set in primary the games will work!

3: You download the games on a console then you make the transfer to the other console via cable network, the games will be locked but once the hack with the chip performed they will be functional!

The last two cases do not need external hard drive...

You have three possible solution !!

1: on a first console you put the account you download the games, then you plug an external hard drive you move the games on. Then you clone this disk to other external hard drive with a hard disk cloning machine!

2: You download the games on a console, then you do the backup of the console that you then restore on the console that will be hacked with the chip! The games will be locked but once the account set in primary the games will work!

3: You download the games on a console then you make the transfer to the other console via cable network, the games will be locked but once the hack with the chip performed they will be functional!

The last two cases do not need external hard drive...

but if you clone the external with machine will it work on ps4 without asking to format it ?

• "Allows you to move your downloaded games to your Hard drive"
backup games?!? (pirate)
i think you need an account that have the licences for the games
i don't think we need to keep the chip inside because once the hack is done you don't need the chip , and about games on external i hope its not mandatory unless we could clone the hdd with duplicator machine and use the cloned on several ps4's :p
PS4 can run games from external hard drive by itself without any problem. but you need a licence so the game can run! this method, i think only bypass the licence problem when trying to change the primary console! i think this chip will let us deactivate account to be used on another console BUT remain primary also on console. thats why he unplugged cable in primary section several time (i think)

I’ll just leave this here before any more people get ripped off by the Chinese folks.

You indeed only need a single chip (yeah just 1 of those units is enough to pirate on multiple cons).

It works as a flasher/programmer which backs up the activation info and then mirrors it back into your ps4’s nor. Since, apparently the syscon verification occurs on power cycle, in-circuit flashing does the trick just fine. After this stage has been completed you’re all good to go — you can now desolder the chip and proceed wiring it up to the next victim-> repeat this as many times as you want until it inevitably gets patched.

Apart from making the Chinese sellers rich, the only reason why you would want to get a few of those ‘modchips’ is convenience. If you fudge something up i.e. go-online(—yeah no-online play on this pos)-> forget about it or all your shared games get locked. Anyway, in this case, provided you’ve soldered a chip to each cloned ps4 and the trick still hasn’t been patched (highly unlikely), you simply won’t have to take your consoles apart again to re-solder the chip. Just follow the tutorial and use those 2 buttons —> bingo, no locks again.

Again, the Chinese have no idea what they are talking about they just want to push more units. You can try blocking certain addresses in your router and risk playing online, but just remember Sony ain’t fools. So unless you’re fully aware of what you are doing before you even attempt to do something to your ps4 and invest your hard earned cash into this lame backups technique, consider this:

--Sony have patched several prev. iterations of this trick, in fact this chip is most likely DOA now that the info has been leaked and the steps are out in the wild.
--If you (de)activate too many times or multiple people show up online with the same master profile, this activity will be logged and it will look suspicious. Potentially, both your main psn profile will most likely get flagged and all ps4’s ever associated with it will potentially get banned either.
--In many places backups is also illegal, you can even face legal problems. (My dad, for example, got a 1 year suspended sentence for running a cardsharing server.)

The Chinese, of course, will try their best to keep you in the dark about all this, they don’t want you to know you just need 1 chip for all your consoles. And they want you all hyped up about it and make you believe this trick is a big deal to make more money. It’s just pure marketing talk, while in reality this chip may turn out to be a useless piece of junk before it even arrives at your doorstep.

TL;DR Buy 1 chip and use brain.

I’ll just leave this here before any more people get ripped off by the Chinese folks.

You indeed only need a single chip (yeah just 1 of those units is enough to pirate on multiple cons).

It works as a flasher/programmer which backs up the activation info and then mirrors it back into your ps4’s nor. Since, apparently the syscon verification occurs on power cycle, in-circuit flashing does the trick just fine. After this stage has been completed you’re all good to go — you can now desolder the chip and proceed wiring it up to the next victim-> repeat this as many times as you want until it inevitably gets patched.

Apart from making the Chinese sellers rich, the only reason why you would want to get a few of those ‘modchips’ is convenience. If you fudge something up i.e. go-online(—yeah no-online play on this pos)-> forget about it or all your shared games get locked. Anyway, in this case, provided you’ve soldered a chip to each cloned ps4 and the trick still hasn’t been patched (highly unlikely), you simply won’t have to take your consoles apart again to re-solder the chip. Just follow the tutorial and use those 2 buttons —> bingo, no locks again.

Again, the Chinese have no idea what they are talking about they just want to push more units. You can try blocking certain addresses in your router and risk playing online, but just remember Sony ain’t fools. So unless you’re fully aware of what you are doing before you even attempt to do something to your ps4 and invest your hard earned cash into this lame backups technique, consider this:

--Sony have patched several prev. iterations of this trick, in fact this chip is most likely DOA now that the info has been leaked and the steps are out in the wild.
--If you (de)activate too many times or multiple people show up online with the same master profile, this activity will be logged and it will look suspicious. Potentially, both your main psn profile will most likely get flagged and all ps4’s ever associated with it will potentially get banned either.
--In many places backups is also illegal, you can even face legal problems. (My dad, for example, got a 1 year suspended sentence for running a cardsharing server.)

The Chinese, of course, will try their best to keep you in the dark about all this, they don’t want you to know you just need 1 chip for all your consoles. And they want you all hyped up about it and make you believe this trick is a big deal to make more money. It’s just pure marketing talk, while in reality this chip may turn out to be a useless piece of junk before it even arrives at your doorstep.

TL;DR Buy 1 chip and use brain.
Very nice explanation and good job sharing you acknowledge!!!!

The person behind the stealing of your work @freeplex is Max Louarn this is nothing to do with Paul Owen as Paul Owen has left the modscene long time ago and sold his interest in Xecuter website to Max.

Paul Owen is currently involved in Cronusmax and no other console mods.

Just as a little bonus as Max tried to steal from me a long time ago I have the gerber files and other files for this clone chip and I will release them free to the world on the day the first modshop that is aligned with Max has them in stock to ship.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back