Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 News       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Jun 10, 2016 at 3:23 PM       11      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Following months of rumors, today Sony Interactive Entertainment President Andrew House finally and officially confirmed a PS4 NEO is indeed in development and will support both videos and games at 4K resolution! :D

As expected the PlayStation 4 NEO will not be unveiled during the PlayStation Live Press Conference at E3 2016, however, in the Financial Times interview he did confirm that there won't be any premium 'Neo' games and all current-gen games will run on both the current PlayStation 4 and UltraHD remake of the PS4 console.

To quote from Sony Executive Andrew House: "It is intended to sit alongside and complement the standard PS4," House told FT, "we will be selling both [versions] through the life cycle."

If you haven't done so yet, feel free to cast your vote in our PS4 NEO Poll on whether you'd be interested in a PS4K upgrade or not!

PS4 Neo.jpg

Comments

Native resolution (of games) is a diferent thing than output resolution (of console). Some early ps4 games have less than 1080 native resolution but the hardware are outputting 1080p, (i dont have much ps4 games).

So when you see the gray scale on a well calibrated screen (like mine) you'll see things nobody even suspect about resolutions/output. As a consoles tech i can tell 99% of the people dont know how to change the rgb range of their consoles, or what that means.
So, when people talk about 1080p/4k : "wow, thats awesome!" i just have to say, "yeah, you are right!".

Before 4k i just demand FULL 1080p resolution games on this current ps4. I was watching (while playing) Uncharted4 and it is a mix of well done and unfinished things, and i am not sure its native resolution is 1080 (correct me, please). I think the THE LAST OF US team used the same method they used to do TLOU on ps3, sacrificing native resolution to enhance the game engine to be upscaled to 1080p60.

I wonder what kind of game U4 may have been with the original Uncharted team, and its director Amy Henning, we will never know why ND just kicked them out and disregarded to trash 8 months of work.

Anyway, im not satisfied with this generation yet, may be the next one???

The Playstation Simulview 3D Monitor has perfect 1080p pixels, yes it's only 24"; but it's so beautiful and is perfect for 1080p gaming at a desk(except the power issues make it flicker).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back