Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Since his YouTube Issues PlayStation 4 homebrew developer @MODDEDWARFARE returns releasing on Twitter a PS4 Patch Builder application used for building modded Update Packages (PKGs) alongside a video tutorial on his YouTube Channel! :pumpkin: 🦇 🌕 🧛‍♂️

He states the new PlayStation 4 Patch Builder tool makes it both quicker and easier to create / build modded update PKG files for PS4 games than the previous update package methods. 🧟‍♂️ 🧟‍♀️ 🍖🦴

Download: Patch_Builder_v1.3.3.zip (26.17 MB) / RAD Video Tools

Spoiler: Depreciated

For those interested, some previous PKG methods include Adding PS4 Game Updates in Packages, a PS4 PKG Repackager for FPKG Updates, another PS4 Fake PKG Update Repackager Script and handling PS4 FPKG Game Updates with Mismatched Title ID / Region Patch.

Check out his latest PS4 Patch Builder tutorial video below:

PS4 Patch Builder Release/Tutorial
Installing PS4 Games, DLC & Updates (PS4 6.72 Jailbreak)
Installing Retail Updates on a Jailbroken PS4 (6.72 or Lower!)
PS4 Patch Builder for Building Modded Update PKGs by MODDED WARFARE.jpg

Comments

guys anyone does have any idea how should I make it work on Windows on ARM? I've tested it with troubleshooter but it didn't help.

Please in the next version develop it to work on Windows on ARM
TNX

i got this error when tried to build package using the Patch Builder v1.3.2, pretty sure i'ved done everything right.
Code:
[Debug]  2021-12-29 10:18:26 Create image Process started.
[Debug]  nptitle.dat: NP Title file.
[Warn]   The latest QA passed package file is not specified although Application Version is 01.12. Delta patch feature is disabled. Make sure that it is intentional.
[Error]  The following combination of Volume Type/Storage Type is not allowed or not supported. (app:unknown, patch:digital25)
[Error]  2021-12-29 10:18:32 Create image Process finished with error(s).

works as intended, except for making the file size 7x the normal size, and also messing up the add-on list of the game where it was installed (one dlc shows/duplicate itself 7x more on add-on list)

i have solved my problem with the error (Publishing Tools Version must be equal to or larger than 3.87 (=app pkg's value)) by building the pkg not by pkg patch builder but with fpkg tools with the same method @MODDEDWARFARE used when dumping game discs to fpkg

@LenniePS You mean this Error?
Code:
[Warn] The latest QA passed package file is not specified although Application Version is 01.10. Delta patch feature is disabled. Make sure that it is intentional.
[Error] The following combination of Volume Type/Storage Type is not allowed or not supported. (app:unknown, patch:digital25)

How to make a fake pkg with a modified eboot.bin when fpkg from game already contains patch?

I'm trying to apply several patches to Beyond Two Souls, however the game is one that has a patch built into it and each time I try to compile it fails to run on the PS4, I just see the title screen. There does not seem to be community documentation for this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back