Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 CFW and Hacks       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Jan 18, 2019 at 12:18 AM       35      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Following the PSN Avatar Grabber and Custom PSN User Avatar mods, today developer Red-J (Twitter) made available on Github a PS4 Payload Avatar Dumper for 5.05 Firmware for those interested. ;)

Download: Avatar_Dumper.bin (6.5 KB) / PS4-Payload-Avatar-dumper-test-master.zip / GIT / PS4 5.05 (Avatar Dumper Mirror) via EdiTzZ / PS4 UI Mod Custom PSN User Avatar.rar via @mohammadfadel / PS4 Avatar Dumper and Injector for 4.55 / 5.05 / 6.72 Firmware by Red-J

@Leeful confirmed it working via Twitter, stating the following to quote:

"Worked Perfectly for me on 5.05. It dumped both user avatars that were on my PS4. To test the dumped files I created a new user and copied 1 set of the dumped files to my new user's folder: /system_data/priv/cache/profile/0xXXXXXXXX/ and it all worked as it should."

Also making rounds on Twitter for PlayStation 4 developers: :fire:

PS4 Payload Avatar Dumper for 5.05 Firmware by Red-J.jpg

Comments

• @DEFAULTDNB and Red-J is it possible to make a payload that will let you change the Webbrowser icon on the XMB? I've tried a few methods and nothing seems to work for me yet :S That would be wicked!
  • I think its a system permission thing that prevents it, You can see it in FTP but you cant replace the icon

@stripnwild ise FTP +R/W payload by Lightningmods to make sure it’s all live and writable.

You should be able to overwrite the icon0.png (512x512 32-bit png) and the icon0_4k.png (660x660 32bit png), in the NPXS20102 folder.

Sorry for asking this here but we experienced PES18 fifa18 nfs payback on 4.55 before.

So isn't that possible edits elf and fso file's after dump decrypted pkg?

@mohammadfadel you can ftp it back into your profile folder.

@NEMESirS thats because some people had 5.05 exploit and ripped games higher, to work on lower. There is no higher KEX than 5.05 and even if there was: none that can dump games. Not going to happen anytime soon.

U mean, there is no higher kex in public, right?

And probably you are right, they (exploits) wont be out before ps4 end life, so that whole library can be dumped and available at once, when most of people move to ps5.... Elegant way to avoid to much hassle with sony, when ps5 start to bring money to pockets, nobody will care about ps4 backups...

Well, better ever than never, i guess, so guys, when you exploit everything u can with current exploit, just update and play, one day probably wont matter on what fw you are, all of them will be jailbreaked...

Or you simply wont care anymore, same thing.....

Excuses for of topic.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back