Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 CFW and Hacks       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Jan 18, 2019 at 12:18 AM       35      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Following the PSN Avatar Grabber and Custom PSN User Avatar mods, today developer Red-J (Twitter) made available on Github a PS4 Payload Avatar Dumper for 5.05 Firmware for those interested. ;)

Download: Avatar_Dumper.bin (6.5 KB) / PS4-Payload-Avatar-dumper-test-master.zip / GIT / PS4 5.05 (Avatar Dumper Mirror) via EdiTzZ / PS4 UI Mod Custom PSN User Avatar.rar via @mohammadfadel / PS4 Avatar Dumper and Injector for 4.55 / 5.05 / 6.72 Firmware by Red-J

@Leeful confirmed it working via Twitter, stating the following to quote:

"Worked Perfectly for me on 5.05. It dumped both user avatars that were on my PS4. To test the dumped files I created a new user and copied 1 set of the dumped files to my new user's folder: /system_data/priv/cache/profile/0xXXXXXXXX/ and it all worked as it should."

Also making rounds on Twitter for PlayStation 4 developers: :fire:

PS4 Payload Avatar Dumper for 5.05 Firmware by Red-J.jpg

Comments

@Koh23 there is a private (5.55) exploit chain, but no fully formed “Jailbreak” and definitely no dumper.

And when I say private I mean like 2-3 people have it MAX, and they’re air tight: no leaks.

To add my two cents on the matter: The 5.55 private exploit is able to dump games. I have personally downloaded a Detroit Become Human fpkg and installed it successfully on my 5.05. It simply asks for the 5.55 update when I start the game as it is one of the 5.55 games.

So yes there is a 5.55 kexploit that dumps 5.55 fpkg. It simply is private. And said devs are against game backups for the most part. That's why they won't release it. Still, the presence of Detroit Become Human speaks volumes.

@ezzinekamel bullsh!t. i also want to point out that ANY retail pkg you download will install and ask for firmware update.

That’s nothing new, and it doesn’t prove a higher firmware dumper. Far from it.

@stripnwild try find extrememodding’s tutorials for editing the XMB.

@DEFAULTDNB
I agree....

From the beginning, the whole jailbreak story was never intended to be "public mass toy".

Only thing that really bothers me is this "dont update" hype. If nothing is gonna happen, why do we wait. And if its gonna happen, why is not happening.

Of course, for most people really doesnt matter, either they will stay on current jailbreak or update and forget about this whole story.

Nothing is still nothing, regardless of reason why its nothing.

As for homebrew, i gladly try everything that pops out on these pages, but honestly, very little of this i find useful, if i think as end user. Greatly thankful that someone is doing something great, and share it with others, but all of this is far from being widely useful.

But hey, it will be better as long as good people keep trying to create some new stuff....

@Koh23 indeed. Retroarch news was big but that was it. I wish more homebrew was released. Like something that would allow full customizability. Imagine being able to customize all the elements of the PS4 UI. Doesnt have to be always about backups yeah?

Or even something like massively improving the stability of the already released exploit for 5.05 firmware. Or improving ps2 game compatibility on it.

Man Im just wondering what the people with the private exploit are doing to it. Are they just hoarding it for future release or are they also developing homebrew for it. Wish they’d say more.

@Koh23 @MagnaGuard the PS4 scene hasn’t even started yet. Just wait until Mira drops, and proper cores for RA appear. Not to mention other native emulators and games on the way.

The thing is, 5.05 always was going to be the firmware and platform for homebrew, and seeing as no one ever promised a newer public kernel exploit, it was always going to be the highest firmware for back up games too.

The choice is chill on 5.05, update and play online, or buy a second console :p

Extrememodding did tutorials for custom UI, open orbis team are looking at permahen, and the people with Math’s 5.55 exploit chain aren’t doing anything with it, it’s not fully developed, not user friendly and not anywhere near ready for public.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back