Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 CFW and Hacks       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Jul 24, 2018 at 1:57 AM       59      
Status
Not open for further replies.
We've seen several PS4 Remote Play homebrew applications enter and leave the PlayStation 4 scene including an Offline PS4 Remote Play Patcher, and recently developer delroth (aka matteyeux on Twitter) added his own open source PS4 Remote Play client WIP to Github which he states is is based on reverse engineered protocol documentation. :D

Download: ps4-remote-play-master.zip / GIT / Remote Play Enabler for Non-Activated PS4 Consoles Guides via Kiru2488

Below are the details from the README.md, to quote: PS4 Remote Play Client (WIP)

Note: this project is NOT affiliated with, funded, or in any way associated with Sony Interactive Entertainment.

Goal: having an open source implementation of the PS4 Remote Play protocol as well as a client which works on Linux. Both local and remote remote play should be supported.

Current status:
  • Supports the initial registration protocol.
  • Supports local "wake on LAN".
TODO:
  • Draw the rest of the f-ing owl :)
  • Local streaming protocol RE and implementation (video, audio, input).
  • Remote streaming protocol RE and implementation (video, audio, input).
  • PSN / OAuth based pairing and remote wakeup.
PS4 Remote Play Open Source Client in Development by Delroth.jpg

Comments

I was able to make this work for remote play on a Mac and retain all existing games and save data. Too bad my network setup is horrible, almost making it unplayable but happy to report it actually works.

I've tested the IDU method (on my Pro) and it does work. Although if you have an activated PSN profile, it will deactivate it and wipe your saves (even if you ftp and manually rename the save to 'User1' via 'online.json').

What i can suggest you to do is connect your ps4 to your router via LAN cable, use 5ghz router and pc (its mac so no prob, block your ps4 from accessing internet to prevent accidental update as its always connected via LAN) it gives a better performance, tested it on vita + dmz your ip of mac on router

Only works on unactivated, i think if you try on already activated you will lose your saves

@Kiru2488 i turned on IDU mode but the buttons combination doesn't work. i tried both L1+L2+R1+R2+OPTIONS+(with or without) UP but nothing happened. now i stucked in IDU mode, please help!!

@WaitingKy is "updating idu" the display prompt in your idu mode upon turning on? Maybe you're connected to wifi or lan upon restart. Just disconnect from network by turning the router off then you'll be able to go to staff mode by pressing that combination with the UP button also pressed. I know cause it happened to me also.

@jys0n17 thank you so much. you saved my life. but after returning from IDU mode, my save data and my games are lost. is there any way to recover it? i checked my ps4 storage and know they are still there, but they don't appear. what should i do?

@WaitingKy I think you did not rename your profile name to "User1". It is very important in order not to lose your save data. I know cause I forgot to do it also but I regain it upon restoring from a backup. You should have also prepared one just in case. But if not maybe it is lost forever. Try using ftp maybe its still in the internal hdd just not recognized.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back