Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 News       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Oct 17, 2018 at 5:22 AM       30      
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is not a drill... apparently Sony is on a PlayStation 4 System Software bug patching rampage as following their previous update last month today they've just pushed PS4 Firmware 6.02 live with the changelog simply stating the following:

PlayStation 4 system software update

About PlayStation 4 system software version 6.02

Main features in version 6.02 update
  • This system software update improves system performance.
Download: PS4 Firmware 6.02 Update (US) / PS4 Firmware 6.02 Update (EU) / PS4 Firmware 6.02 Update (UK) / PS4 Firmware 6.02 Update (AU/NZ) / PS4 Firmware 6.02 Update (JP)

:alert: As always DON'T UPDATE if you wish to use PS4 game backups and homebrew apps when a jailbreak exploit arrives, we'll add any related Tweets below as PlayStation 4 scene developers have a chance to examine it... and as https://www.psxhax.com/threads/ps4-...e-6-02-released-dont-update.6030/#post-124205 points out, this 6.02 PS4 update likely fixes the PS4 Message Bug recently reported.

Here are some guides for those new on How to Block PS4 Firmware Updates, How to Delete Downloaded PS4 Update PUPs that haven't been installed yet, How to Update to a Specific PS4 Firmware and also some PS4 HEN Update Blocker Payloads.

6.02 PS4 Launch .elf & games with neighborhood & software used on 5.50 ***
PS4 Downgrading to the lowest firmware of my PS4 Testkit 6.02 to 1.0X
Download: PS4HEN 2.1.3 Port to FW 6.02
Download: 602.7z (278.59 KB - HEN and host exploit by ChendoChap and JoonieX86)

Cheers to @rickylyh for sharing the PS4 6.02 OFW screenshot on Twitter earlier! :beer:
PS4 System Software Firmware 6.02 Released, Don't Update!.jpg

Comments

@Marvin Freeman,

LOL! I am not upset. I just want to warn you because of the developer team. They don't like people asking "WHEN". They don't want that or they will delay it much further later. Better not. And we don't know when and they have no idea.

All we can do is just wait until they confirm us here. It could be months or next year or much longer than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back