Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 News       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date May 27, 2020 at 6:16 AM       60      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Proceeding their 7.50 PS4 OFW today Sony pushed live yet another PS4 System Software / Firmware 7.51 stability update... making the PlayStation 4 the most stable video game console to date! :nolove:

:alert: As always DON'T UPDATE if you wish to use PS4 game backups and homebrew apps when a new PS4 jailbreak exploit such as TheFloW's FW 6.20 Kxploit arrives, and we'll add any related Tweets below as PlayStation 4 scene developers have a chance to examine it.

Download: PS4 Firmware 7.51 Update (US) / PS4 Firmware 7.51 Update (EU) / PS4 Firmware 7.51 Update (UK) / PS4 Firmware 7.51 Update (AU/NZ) / PS4 Firmware 7.51 Update (JP)

Here's the official 7.51 PS4 Firmware Changelog from Sony's page:

About PlayStation 4 system software version 7.51

Main features in version 7.51 update

• This system software update improves system performance.
:arrow: Here are some guides for those new on How to Block PS4 Firmware Updates, How to Delete Downloaded PS4 Update PUPs that haven't been installed yet, How to Update to a Specific PS4 Firmware and also some PS4 HEN Update Blocker Payloads.

Spoiler: Related Tweets

PS4 System Software  Firmware 7.51 is Now Live, Don't Update!.jpg

Comments

We'll see what happens at the end of the year .. otherwise the PS4 5.05 will remain and the PS5 will be pre-ordered as soon as possible :)

Not sure which part of this whole process people fail to come to grips with. Kexploits are essentially burned, as once they are released, Sony investigates them, and fixes them.

That is the nature of the modern systems. They are now two-way streets. Unlike PS1/PS2 days where they would just modchip it, and it was essentially game-over for Sony for that entire generation. PS3 was different, only because they got the key to sign CFW and PKGs, and Sony was essentially screwed against any older PS3 which used this key.

These devs currently have only one, maybe a few, Kexploit(s) right now. If they burn it now, and can't find any in the future, then the PS4 will forever be gimped by an early release, just to shut people up.

If you wait and release it once Sony has more or less moved on from PS4, then practically the ENTIRE library of PS4 games, will be accessible with it, forever. I think the wait is worth it in the long run.

Sony has learned more and more, and become evermore vigilant with each new generation of hardware. It's no surprise that they are becoming quite good at locking down their systems.

It's been crappy to have to be this way for this generation, but, it is what it is. PS4 is nearly 6 years old. I can't imaging anyone who has one collecting dust for this gen, could not have saved up enough to even buy a used one, and even used games, to play the newer ones on.

@Datriax @DarthHacker You’re both right. I saw one person make a comment that shamed devs from not releasing because they are too scared. That’s truly disappointing. Apparently this individual wasn’t close enough to the fallout to take these corporations seriously.

If devs were too scared then everything would have stayed private. But also as you pointed out it’s not as simple as it used to be. Showing all of your cards upfront doesn’t make sense. People who are so impatient should review this nice reminder.

Keep complaining about waiting 2 years while you read the timeline of the ps3. Maybe a few of you could explore some of these firmwares yourselves and see what you can do with them.

I for one am grateful for what has been released didn’t go the crappy route of Save Wizard. I’m also grateful for the free tools to allow us to develop our own resources.

The devs didn’t kill this scene. They’re barely keep it afloat for you ungrateful entitled people.

my opinion... update the console .. and enjoy the promotions.. Share your account with yout friends and play... just this..

we have alot of site with psn cards on europe, US etc every time with 5 or more euros, dollars with discount.. bring one or more friends and pay always a half price for all games.. and Share..

forget this cfw or hen.. or a kind of restrict magic... and play

all the devs are trying to hack Coronavirus.
hahahah joking XD .. Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back