Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
Status
Not open for further replies.
During Sony's PlayStation 5 news announcement of a PS5 launch in Q4 2020 yesterday a few PlayStation scene devs shared feedback on future PS4 jailbreak exploits and homebrew with the release of the PlayStation 4 v7.00 Firmware Update leaving many curious since the exploit chain limitations and lack of interest by PS4 scene developers previously noted. :notworthy:

Below are some related Tweets from @Abkarino of Team Rebug via Twitter and diwidog (aka kiwidog or kiwidoggie) on Twitter who recently hinted at some qwertyoruiopz-level (PS4 5.50 WebKit / Userland Exploit Rewrite, PS4 4.55 BPF Race Condition Kernel Exploit Writeup, PS4 GTA V Mods Demo, Hacking the PS4: From Zero to Ring Zero in Two Easy Steps PDF) memes coming soon! 🔥

According to the Tweets, a new public PS4 kernel exploit or SAMU public hack alongside a full open source toolchain and finished Mira and mm (not multiMAN) may not surface until the PS5's release late next year or beyond.

Those wondering what Mira is may want to review some past articles covering MiraHEN, MiraFW, PS4 CFW in Mira Project, a MiraHEN PS4 4.55 Port and even more Mira Ports on various PlayStation 4 Firmware versions.

Additionally, for further SAMU details refer to the PS4 SAMU Encryption discovery, SAMU on PS4 Decrypted, the PS4 Secure Asset Management Unit (SAMU) Processor and the secure execution environment SAMU Patent itself.

For everybody waiting for a new #PS4 kernel #exploit or #SAMU public hack please wait and still tuned
PlayStation 5 launches holiday 2020
naw not from here at least y'all be happy if you get the full open source toolchain and finished Mira and mm (not multiman) by then
Yes unless devs have a fully open source legit *** it will be very hard to see anything on the wild 😥
Libc is done, building and pending on another tool. Then libdri will be ported next, this gives us the ability to build shaders without the use of devkit bins. After that the contest begins with 2 months of entries
Tbh I straight up forgot, projects done just gotta record video
It may be released some days after PS4 end of life unless if Sony used it on PS5 as well
😜
Love u AbkarinoMHM ❤🙇🏽‍♂️ the only question is, if we need to stay on 6.72 or even low, like 5.05...
Sony was nervous at this time because PS3 was not reached its End of life cycle when first public hack released ;)

Finally, in the mix of Tweets above sjmak83 raised a valid question for those who can't afford a second PlayStation 4 console:

Typically scene devs recommend staying as low as possible for the best chance of future jailbreak exploit compatibility, but is the current PS4 status quo still 5.05 / 5.07... or is there now a higher 'magic number' that end-users can safely update to without fear of jeopardizing their console's exploitability in the future to enjoy current (paid for) games today? :unsure:

If anyone knows, send a smoke signal... :ninja: pleasecomeagain_filesystem-7.00.7z (796.3 MB - PS4 7.00 Decrypted Filesystem and Kernel)
PS4 scene wakeup call
  • Why nothing is being released for more than 5.05 via dayzerosec
  • See HERE for additional opinions, theories, etc based on past Twitter tweets
Cheers to @oneman123 (aka ZiL0G80) for sharing the dusty ol' PS4 pic on Twitter! 🍻
PlayStation Scene Devs on Future PS4 Jailbreak Exploits and Homebrew.jpg

Comments

this is bad news lol not good.

Its jailbreak but after serving a lifetime sentence lol. there is no life left.

You are 60 years old and police (Sony) will still be after you.

I actually replay and buy more and more games. I understand if someone just can't wait and updates. But I've got two kids and almost no time to play at all. So I'll definitely stick with 5.0.5 :ROFLMAO:

yeah guys just wait 3 years so something might happen
there i fixed it :ROFLMAO:

if you wanna play new games just update
don't wait around for these bozos

A few years ago, the hackers did not care about the consequences, as soon as they had a functional thing (even a POC) they published it. Now it's not the same thing.

Personally I published the supports pack consoles (Old-Gen & Next-Gen) for Unity 2018, after that Unity blocked the exploit by which me (and others guys who remained in the shadows) took advantage of the exploit, but it did not prevent me from persevering trying to become a developer for Sony (see here) or publish the PS4 support pack for Unity 2019 (see here).

I hope in the future, maybe some persons will release a thing (hack or not) based on PS4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back