Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 News       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Nov 18, 2020 at 3:17 AM       17      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Following the previous update, today Sony released the latest PS4 System Software / Firmware 8.01 PUP update with the typical 'stability update' changelog revision details outlined below. 🧐

:alert: As always DON'T UPDATE if you wish to use PS4 game backups and homebrew apps whenever a new PS4 jailbreak exploit arrives, and we'll add any related Tweets as PlayStation 4 scene developers have a chance to examine it.

Download: PS4 Firmware 8.01 Update (US) / PS4 Firmware 8.01 Update (EU) / PS4 Firmware 8.01 Update (UK) / PS4 Firmware 8.01 Update (AU/NZ) / PS4 Firmware 8.01 Update (JP)

Here is the official 8.01 PS4 Firmware Changelog from Sony's page: PlayStation 4 system software update

About PlayStation 4 system software version 8.01

Main features in version 8.01 update

• This system software update improves system performance.
:arrow: Finally, below are some guides for those new on How to Block PS4 Firmware Updates, How to Delete Downloaded PS4 Update PUPs that haven't been installed yet, How to Update to a Specific PS4 Firmware and also some PS4 HEN Update Blocker Payloads.
PS4 System Software  Firmware 8.01 is Now Live, Don't Update!.jpg

Comments

Does anyone know where to download the firmware for ps4 8.01 reinstallation? I can't find it anywhere, I need to change the HDD of my ps4. Thank you.

It's linked HERE under 'Recovery Firmwares' but make sure the MD5 (25a82d320bea36974b1e7fb189c4c0c5) matches using MD5 Checker v2.31 or a similar app once the download completes, if you have any issues let me know and I'll add a new mirror to the OP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back