Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 Jailbreaking       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Jul 4, 2016 at 12:36 AM       161      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Following his PlayStation 4 Trophy (PS4 .TRP File) Extractor and PS3 LV1.ELF Embedded Files Extractor, PlayStation 4 developer Red-EyeX32 (Twitter) released a PS4 Update Bypasser application called PSProxy to bypass PSN Firmware Updates for PlayStation 4 owners... with a PS3 version coming next! :D

Download: PSProxy.rar (US) (38 KB) / PSProxy.rar (US) (Mirror) / PSProxy.rar (EU) (38 KB) / PSProxy.rar (EU) UPDATE (38 KB) by @CnCore / ps4-updatelist.xml / PS4.rar (EU/UK/US Bypass)

To quote: Hello NextGenUpdate, As I promised, I have made a Playstation 4 update bypasser. This little utility will allow you to bypass the 3.55 update making your system stay on a lower firmware.

PSProxy.pngCurrently this has only been tested on a US console on a 3.50 firmware. To make this work for EU users all you have to do is edit the ps4-updatelist.xml included inside the .rar file from "us" to "eu". Also don't mind the PSP/PS3 Mode as those haven't been tested yet.

Instructions:
  • Press start on the utility.
  • Add IP and Port to the PS4.
  • Sign-In to PSN
  • Profit?
Please let me know any bugs you encounter, I would gladly fix the problem for you. :mad:

Changes in v2.0.0.0 update:
  • Added "Copy" to Log List by right clicking the list.
  • You can now export the log by right clicking.
  • Few bug fixes. (Adding PS3 support next update)
Any donations would be appreciated!

Credits:
  • Dacoco (Testing and video)
Similar to SKFU's Pr0xy³ below is a video demonstrating the PS4 Update Bypasser application courtesy of Dacoco, and a special shout-out to @GrimDoe in the Shoutbox for the news tip! :)

PS4 Update Bypasser.jpg

Comments

Non Retail version is a debug ps4 or testkit...Not the normal one who you can buy in shops...

To install a specific firmware you must download the 3.55 firmware and put it to a usb drive...

here you can read how it works !
But DONT load the 4.06 FW !!!
https://www.playstation.com/en-us/support/system-updates/ps4/#update-computer

the 3.55 Firmware you can download here

http://darthsternie.bplaced.net/

thx to the others who linked to the psxhax thread here :)
At darthsternie.. Whats the difference between official and recovery firmware files ? And it didn't say USA or Europe firmwares as well. Does that matter ? My PS4 is an EUROPE version.

At darthsternie.. Whats the difference between official and recovery firmware files ? And it didn't say USA or Europe firmwares as well. Does that matter ? My PS4 is an EUROPE version.

There is no difference between the firmware files...
Recovery Firmware is if you have trouble with your ps4... so a complete reinstall and it will delete all your content as i know...
The other one is just a update :)

If you change your Harddrive you will need the RECOVERY because it is the Full Firmware !!! The other is the update...

There is no difference between the firmware files...
Recovery Firmware is if you have trouble with your ps4... so a complete reinstall and it will delete all your content as i know...
The other one is just a update :)

If you change your Harddrive you will need the RECOVERY because it is the Full Firmware !!! The other is the update...
There is no mention of a retail or non-retail firmware on the Darthsternie. Since it says "official firmware", it must be the retail firmware. So, where can I get a non-retail 3.55 firmware? :confused:

Hey all, so I used to be quite involved and up to date with PS3 jailbreaking and hacking but since the PS4 came out I just left it all behind.

Anyway on black Friday I purchased a PS4 on 3.55 and would like to keep it that way for as long as possible. The console hasn't arrived yet but it came with Ratchet and Clank digital which I need to enter the code and download.

I have been trying to find my answer but cannot, is there anyway I can redeem the code and download the game without updating the PS4 to 4.0.6? I hear Psproxy is not working right now. I have been told if I redeem the code on a mobile device it should automatically start downloading on the PS4 without updating the FW.

Please can anyone confirm?

I have been trying to find my answer but cannot, is there anyway I can redeem the code and download the game without updating the PS4 to 4.0.6? I hear Psproxy is not working right now. I have been told if I redeem the code on a mobile device it should automatically start downloading on the PS4 without updating the FW.
Correct, at the moment the proxy methods aren't working.. I haven't heard of the mobile device work-around (never checked, it may be legit)... the only other idea that crossed my mind is if you downloaded the game on another PS4 and then gameshared to get it on yours perhaps.

I've never gameshared either, so if you try that route I'd recommend starting a thread so others who are more familiar with it can lend a hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back