Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 Jailbreaking       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Jul 4, 2016 at 12:36 AM       161      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Following his PlayStation 4 Trophy (PS4 .TRP File) Extractor and PS3 LV1.ELF Embedded Files Extractor, PlayStation 4 developer Red-EyeX32 (Twitter) released a PS4 Update Bypasser application called PSProxy to bypass PSN Firmware Updates for PlayStation 4 owners... with a PS3 version coming next! :D

Download: PSProxy.rar (US) (38 KB) / PSProxy.rar (US) (Mirror) / PSProxy.rar (EU) (38 KB) / PSProxy.rar (EU) UPDATE (38 KB) by @CnCore / ps4-updatelist.xml / PS4.rar (EU/UK/US Bypass)

To quote: Hello NextGenUpdate, As I promised, I have made a Playstation 4 update bypasser. This little utility will allow you to bypass the 3.55 update making your system stay on a lower firmware.

PSProxy.pngCurrently this has only been tested on a US console on a 3.50 firmware. To make this work for EU users all you have to do is edit the ps4-updatelist.xml included inside the .rar file from "us" to "eu". Also don't mind the PSP/PS3 Mode as those haven't been tested yet.

Instructions:
  • Press start on the utility.
  • Add IP and Port to the PS4.
  • Sign-In to PSN
  • Profit?
Please let me know any bugs you encounter, I would gladly fix the problem for you. :mad:

Changes in v2.0.0.0 update:
  • Added "Copy" to Log List by right clicking the list.
  • You can now export the log by right clicking.
  • Few bug fixes. (Adding PS3 support next update)
Any donations would be appreciated!

Credits:
  • Dacoco (Testing and video)
Similar to SKFU's Pr0xy³ below is a video demonstrating the PS4 Update Bypasser application courtesy of Dacoco, and a special shout-out to @GrimDoe in the Shoutbox for the news tip! :)

PS4 Update Bypasser.jpg

Comments

hi Red-EyeX32,

first of all thank you for helping us. i just bought ps4 slim with FW 3.55 and my bypass don't work, i am in the middle east of asia but i buy my ps4 from UK so i try the bypass with the UK option and the south asia option and it does not work.

do you have any idea what can i do?

hi Red-EyeX32,

first of all thank you for helping us. i just bought ps4 slim with FW 3.55 and my bypass don't work, i am in the middle east of asia but i buy my ps4 from UK so i try the bypass with the UK option and the south asia option and it does not work.

do you have any idea what can i do?
Has not been working for a few weeks so nothing works. Please read thread first to not post repetitve msgs pll already asked this question

is this tool working right now or still nothing works?

I bought new PS4 Pro that it is on 4.07! meaning I never logged with my PSN on the console (is it gonna work? and open the Logging/password section ?) or you need to have your email/password already saved!

well, I disabled Auto Update to be on the safe side but the prompting message that I get to do the update irritate me each time I switch ON my PS4. "Update Later.. Laater.. Laaateer"

I read a few reports it was temporarily working after Sony released the last OFW update, but that usually only lasts a few days and then it goes back to not working again like it was. :unsure:

Does it work for 4.07? Want to bypass update to login to PSN to get access to a browser to test the exploit. lalala :) I've just tried it and it did not work but maybe i didn't configure it well to work with 4.07.

Does it work for 4.07? Want to bypass update to login to PSN to get access to a browser to test the exploit. lalala :) I've just tried it and it did not work but maybe i didn't configure it well to work with 4.07.
Well, I have tried to use it and I believe that it is not working at the moment.

As of right now it's still working... Just tried it to answer you. I'm on OFW4.07. And is connecting fine.

If you want to test the exploit on 4.07. Don't run proxy.... Just reset the PS4 to normal settings.... Make sure auto download updates and auto install is off... You will get a warning to update your network settings to connect to PSN... But you will still be able to open browser and do what you want to do

I repeat... DONT USE PROXY..... and you will connect just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back