Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 Jailbreaking       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Jul 4, 2016 at 12:36 AM       161      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Following his PlayStation 4 Trophy (PS4 .TRP File) Extractor and PS3 LV1.ELF Embedded Files Extractor, PlayStation 4 developer Red-EyeX32 (Twitter) released a PS4 Update Bypasser application called PSProxy to bypass PSN Firmware Updates for PlayStation 4 owners... with a PS3 version coming next! :D

Download: PSProxy.rar (US) (38 KB) / PSProxy.rar (US) (Mirror) / PSProxy.rar (EU) (38 KB) / PSProxy.rar (EU) UPDATE (38 KB) by @CnCore / ps4-updatelist.xml / PS4.rar (EU/UK/US Bypass)

To quote: Hello NextGenUpdate, As I promised, I have made a Playstation 4 update bypasser. This little utility will allow you to bypass the 3.55 update making your system stay on a lower firmware.

PSProxy.pngCurrently this has only been tested on a US console on a 3.50 firmware. To make this work for EU users all you have to do is edit the ps4-updatelist.xml included inside the .rar file from "us" to "eu". Also don't mind the PSP/PS3 Mode as those haven't been tested yet.

Instructions:
  • Press start on the utility.
  • Add IP and Port to the PS4.
  • Sign-In to PSN
  • Profit?
Please let me know any bugs you encounter, I would gladly fix the problem for you. :mad:

Changes in v2.0.0.0 update:
  • Added "Copy" to Log List by right clicking the list.
  • You can now export the log by right clicking.
  • Few bug fixes. (Adding PS3 support next update)
Any donations would be appreciated!

Credits:
  • Dacoco (Testing and video)
Similar to SKFU's Pr0xy³ below is a video demonstrating the PS4 Update Bypasser application courtesy of Dacoco, and a special shout-out to @GrimDoe in the Shoutbox for the news tip! :)

PS4 Update Bypasser.jpg

Comments

As of right now it's still working... Just tried it to answer you. I'm on OFW4.07. And is connecting fine.

If you want to test the exploit on 4.07. Don't run proxy.... Just reset the PS4 to normal settings.... Make sure auto download updates and auto install is off... You will get a warning to update your network settings to connect to PSN... But you will still be able to open browser and do what you want to do

I repeat... DONT USE PROXY..... and you will connect just fine.
You're not right. My PS4 was never logged in to a PSN account so It forces me to update to 4.50 before I can login to PSN account and after that I could use a browser.

I have to bypass version check to be able to login to psn to activate my browser.

Thanks for the input, I have tried with setting the proxy and without proxy as well (Easy Configuration for the WIFI network).

With the Proxy I'm getting: "Update the system software to use network features. (CE-34701-5)

With the easy configuration PSProxy doesn't fetch any links (doesn't process any link nor redirect ... basically, cause the PS4 it is not connected to the PSProxy application, Mmmm I might be missing something on doing it).
I'm assuming he was on PSN before with that machine.
No , never been on PSN on that Machine.

Thanks for the input, I have tried with setting the proxy and without proxy as well (Easy Configuration for the WIFI network).

With the Proxy I'm getting: "Update the system software to use network features. (CE-34701-5)

With the easy configuration PSProxy doesn't fetch any links (doesn't process any link nor redirect ... basically, cause the PS4 it is not connected to the PSProxy application, Mmmm I might be missing something on doing it).
I was on 4.01 updated today to 4.06 and am still getting the same error (CE-34701-5) I see PSProxy is working but not psn. I guess I will end up updating to 4.07 ?? any Ideas how to fix ?

Unfortunately not at the moment... but you aren't alone. <3

Almost daily we have threads like this one of frustrated PS4 owners that they can't play new games without updating or connect to PSN when PS Proxy isn't working. :unsure:

Hello. I have a ps4 slim on 3.55 fw. I watched minutes ago the video on the first page which shows how to bypass fw updates on 3.55. I want to ask if that method still working??

If it's working is there a danger for the ps4? I dont want to update the firmware so if there is a possibility after this method to not letting me play old games (uncharted 4) please tell

Sorry for the stupid questions but i am noob to this. :)

PSProxy was confirmed working a week ago HERE, but it typically only works a week or two after Sony release Firmware updates so you'd probably have to give it a try.

Keep in mind there are other variables involved (PS4 console region, OFW version, PSProxy version, which updatelist.xml, settings.ini, etc), so even though some report it working others may not. :nocomment:

Here's a PSProxy Tutorial with videos and pictures, and you'll see all the mixed feedback as well... in the end it comes down to trying things out and seeing what works which is (as you can guess) frustrating and time-consuming.

Finally, you can check what the minimum PS4 firmware version is for games from the links posted HERE... and yes older games will work on newer Firmware fine, just not the other way around. :meh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back