Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.

Is it too soon for a public PS5 Jailbreak?

• Hell no, bring it on already!

Votes: 1,200 54.5%
  • Yes, many can't get a PS5 yet!

Votes: 1,002 45.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Previously the PlayStation 5 Scene saw a PS5 WebKit Vulnerability alongside implementation of a PS5 Userland Exploit for 4.03 PS5 Firmware, which was followed by PS5 Debug Settings & Root Keys Obtained with scene developer @Mathieulh openly stating on Twitter that "Kernel execution has been achieved since week 1" around when the AMD Server Vulnerabilities were disclosed as @zezu420 (aka Znullptr) confirmed the pOOBs4 ExFAT Bug also affects PS5 while BTC Donations set up allowed the lead developer to get a PlayStation 5 console to fully implement the KeXploit on... exemplified by today's PS5 4.03 Kernel Build String image below from Znullptr (aka dmiller423) on Twitter! 🥳

:idea: Those who would like to support his continued development work may do so via BTC Donations, GoFundMe, becoming a Github Sponsor or Patreon. :lovewins:

:alert: Before collectors of PS5 Game Dumps in the PS5Scene get too excited, there's currently no ETA for a public PS5 Kernel Exploit release... but at least knowing it works on 4.03 and below may help those considering updating to Sony's current 4.50 PS5 Firmware make a wise decision not to update for the time being. ;)

:poll: Be sure to vote in our current Site Poll: Is it too soon for a public PS5 Jailbreak?

Finally, we'll keep the PlayStation 5 (PS5) Jailbreak Status page updated as things progress with some related articles (sorted by date, with the oldest first) and Tweets below:
Code:
r179926/releases/04.03 Oct 13 2021 08:48:08
PS5 4.03 Kernel Build String by Znullptr, No ETA for PS5 Kernel Exploit.jpg

Comments

Correct me if I'm wrong on any of these because on Twitter I see a lot of the same questions being asked and just posting this here too.
  • The Exploit is already patched in anything above 4.03 as it was based on the Fat32 bug. So this is not like the other kernel exploits previously as they were vulnerabilities found that were not known and persisted through newer firmware. This has already been patched.
  • 4.03 (with the 1 one the end is fine) and is the maximum Firmware you can be on.
  • No there will not be PSN access with the jailbreak.
  • No this is not a CFW it is a Kernel Exploit.
  • Private Keys are needed for a CFW.. the keys obtained so far are not those.
  • No you can not downgrade from 4.50.
  • No any PUP files you found for PS5 CFW are not real.
Please do research before bothering the Devs with the same question 1000 times.

Good but I say it's so early for a PS5 JB, I say let us enjoy the PS4 and make a full focus on it right now since it isn't dying anytime soon and the majority of us can't afford to have the other one , so we might get a full exploit on PS4 that lasts forever or something like that.

Chasing two targets at the same time will probably get us lost in the middle of nowhere , let us conquer the PS4 land first and then build an army and get to the Bstard , I mean we don't get to kill the final boss first right ? :LOL:

The last one I got was from Walmart after Christmas so the lion's share of ones before then should still be on 4.03. Sadly that means scalpers will have the majority of 4.03 and below consoles.

I don't understand the vote on releasing ps5 jb I hope this isn't the trend now voting for release, if so let's have a vote to release ps4 9.03 or ps5 4.50 or any higher firmware. after that let's start a new trend, people say its to early to release even though its already been patched.. I don't understand why not to release you can't jb past 4.50 ps5 so it makes no sense at all to keep private for 5 years or so.

In my opinion Sony should of come up with better security for the new machine knowing that their previous 1 keep getting hacked. What where they thinking putting the same type software on the ps5 its just asking to be jailbroken on day of release.

and how many ppl want not to update ?
maybe the 1% of ps5 users ?

other people play on it online and have to update , so bring the ke out. :)

so i can play all ps4 games on it and the few ps5 too (I hope that horizon west is for ps4 fw 9.00 ;))

Linux with proper drivers. A RDNA 2 based APU with equivalent specs to a 2080 super and it has fidelity and ray tacing. Easy powerhouse to game, develop, and really mess around... that's the point of this for some is to explore more of the system we paid for. And use it in multiple ways.

Plus who doesn't like to tinker? Its what gets people interested in the tech world. And those that are already in it a feeling to want to know more.

My question is Why wouldn't you want it out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back