Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
Announcements       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Oct 3, 2015 at 3:03 AM       81      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is a to-do list that we'll update periodically as stuff gets done! ;)
  • Replace the current temp default avatars / site logo with nicer ones
  • Improve colors (UserNames in some areas) and add flat themed / updated style
  • Add Cufon, FontAwesome or Google WebFonts typography
  • Add login integration for Facebook, Twitter and Google users
  • Add Affiliates, a Tag Cloud and Categories to the right margin sideblocks
  • Add support for Disqus and Facebook to comment directly on articles
  • Add anti-leech script to prevent hotlinking of pictures and save bandwidth
  • Add more smilies, of these we have 12 31 96 at the moment = booo!!!
  • Add a realtime chatbox such as TaigaChat Pro or a similar add-on
  • Transition from HTTP to HTTPS (SSL) for better security
  • Fix anything reported as broken, and break what's working in the process lol
  • Add user suggestions from below
We'll Sticky this thread for awhile and see where it leads us :)

PS: Ignore the video above, it's just a responsive embed test example with the lame annotations stripped :p

PSXHAX To-Do  Feature Request List.jpg

Comments

I think we need these to be added. You agree right? @PSXHAX
I merged this into the Suggestions Sticky thread... eventually we'll add more smilies / emoticons (maybe a dedicated tab for all the 'bananaman' ones) but not right away as I still need to finish my Christmas Eve vB style port and do my Christmas Day port (which won't be done by X-mas due to lack of time) and most importantly I need to sort out the server 'attack' issues so that we can remove the CloudFlare protection which blocks almost half the visitors that don't have JavaScript or Cookies enabled.

Oh, and spend some time with the family during the holidays... so yeah, quite a busy time of year :D

I merged this into the Suggestions Sticky thread... eventually we'll add more smilies / emoticons (maybe a dedicated tab for all the 'bananaman' ones) but not right away as I still need to finish my Christmas Eve vB style port and do my Christmas Day port (which won't be done by X-mas due to lack of time) and most importantly I need to sort out the server 'attack' issues so that we can remove the CloudFlare protection which blocks almost half the visitors that don't have JavaScript or Cookies enabled.

Oh, and spend some time with the family during the holidays... so yeah, quite a busy time of year :D
There was always my suggestion :p

Hi I would just want to make a suggestion on improving the websites usefulness when iot comes down to articles posted on the main page:

For example, when an article is posted, we can see from the headline what the article is about, but with the introduction of new CFWs and the already OFWs its sometimes pretty hard to understand for which console/FW version this specific article applies to.

So my suggestion is : add a small 'box" where the HW and FW related information will be added.

Lets say: Article name is "PS4ME (PS4 Memory Editor) PS4ME.dll & PS4METool Payload by J0lama" and right after/under the article name we would get a small box with a logo/sign or anything that tells us for example, that this article is realted to HW PS4 f/s (fat/slim) CFW v 1.76 or something like that.

Because right now I had to read half the article to see that this only applies to v1.76.

Thanx for your attention.

Thanks for the suggestion! ;) The main issue (besides requiring custom code for a version box) is many topics cover more than one version, and those that don't (such as 1.76) will down the road... meaning if all of them had 1.76 boxes hundreds of articles would need to be sorted through and manually updated each time something changes in the scene. :unsure:

Maybe someone will come up with an idea based off this though, you never know where it could lead us to :)

Thanks for the suggestion! ;) The main issue (besides requiring custom code for a version box) is many topics cover more than one version, and those that don't (such as 1.76) will down the road... meaning if all of them had 1.76 boxes hundreds of articles would need to be sorted through and manually updated each time something changes in the scene. :unsure:

Maybe someone will come up with an idea based off this though, you never know where it could lead us to :)

Always can use the Prefixes options in the admin panel to allow people to select prefixes that are suitable to what they posting.

For the code prefixes would be an idea, but it'd be the same downfall where someone would use the '1.76' prefix and later it would end up working on 3.50, 4.00, 4.01 etc~

It will be a pain in the ass to change the title I agree, but it's the easiest way to do it.

So basically add 1.76 for example at the end of the title and when someone updates the thread to include say up to 4.07. They would have to update the title at the same time.

I dont see another way.

Changing titles isn't an option as that messes up url links, the database, search engines, etc... but even if titles didn't affect any of those factors it would still have to be done manually for every article to keep them updated or else it would serve little purpose.

If we had a method to do it, we'd also need a means to allow others to update them as I won't be going through 800+ old articles just to check and change version numbers... as it is I'm spending 8 hours a day here with next to nothing in return.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back