Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Following The Witcher 3 (TW3) PS4 Texture Patcher Tool, recently PlayStation 4 Scene developer @Backporter shared the latest addition on his Github repository via Twitter dubbed RE-PAK which is a tool to preview meshes / textures, create / extract PAKs and more for PS4 game mods and modders alike! 🤩

Download: RE_PAK.exe (Latest Version) / GIT

Those interested can drop by the Official PS4 Game Modding Server Discord channel for support, and from the README.md comes further details below: RE-PAK

UI Based Tool that allows for Previewing (PC) Textures on the fly, Extracting PAKs, and Creating PAKs AND modding other platforms (PS4).

Notes Before You Get Started:
  • For PAK Creation you do need the original PAKs extracted from the platform you intend to create them for(PC => PC, PS4 => PS4) They Are Not Substitutable With Different Platform PAKS SO DO NOT TRY AND MIX THEM
  • Mods that replace DLC Outfits will not work on the PS4 from my testing, so make sure you read the mod page.
  • Example PAKs can be found in this repo, their credits will be inside the zip in a text document or posted below.
Requirements:
  • Extracted Game PC / PS4
  • PS4-RE-TEX - For PS4 Textures.
Using PAK Creator:

Open the PAK Creator select open/save, pick the original PAKs from the game, click Create and it will create it, place the two generated PAKs in the game with the correct name, and it should load as shown below.

Proof Of It Working:

Textures:

Mod: Blue Gun - personal mod (PC / PS4)
Meshes:

Mod: Krypton Nanotech Suit created by Wiwilz on NexusMods.com
Mod: Leon RE4 Hair created by Stevebg23 and their friends JP and ManGaKa on NexusMods.com
Other Stuff:

RE3 Mods Running on the PS4:

Mod: Reika created by ES47_also_known_as_Dedraz on NexusMods.com
Change Log:
  • 1.0 Base.
  • 2.0 Added PAK Creation and other options.
  • 3.0 Fixed a few bugs
  • 4.0 Small un-notable changes
  • 5.0 Changed the way the PAKs are created, Optimized data storing of PAK info this will speed PAK creating up a bit.
  • 5.1 Removed the need for a database, the program will automatically generate it and use it, fixed a bug that would cause an exception if the user didn't provide a proper path for the hash list.
  • 5.2 Changed the Previewer to support all Tex's
    • Added Custom Game Selection Menu (And Saving Of These Options Via A Configuration File)
    • Removed The Dependency of MurmurHash3.dll
    • Fixed Murmur Hash Algorithm That Would Prevent Vailed PAK Creation.
Screenshots of the App:
Using RE-PAK And PS4-RE-TEX to mod RE-Engine Games On The PS4

Finally, below are some RE3 PC Mods for PS4 -USA Version- CUSA14168 via Garrus Vakarian on Twitter. Load DLC with Jdownloader:

Download: RE3+(USA).dlc (8.21 KB)
Resident Evil PS4 PSX Mod HD
  • Resident Evil 2 Skins 1.5 Mods Leon Claire (SLUS00420) - 1.00 Game.pkg (898.3 MB)
  • Resident Evil 3 Remake (PSX) Mods (SLUS00746) - 1.00 Game.pkg (429.1 MB)
Resident Evil PS4 PSX Mod HD
  • Resident Evil_ Deep Freeze (SLUS04421) - 1.00 Game.pkg (354.8 MB)
  • Resident Evil 0 Demake (SLUS00749) - 1.00 Game.pkg (868.3 MB)
  • Resident Evil Trilogy (SLUS00747) - 1.00 Game.pkg (1.63 GB)
  • Resident Evil 2 Remake (PSX) Mods (SLUS00748) - 1.00 Game.pkg (437.7 MB)
BioHazard - 1995 - 08 - 04 - MOD
to run, push the left joystick twice to pass a door the triangle button and pull R1 + square
  • BioHazard - 1995 - 08 - 04 - MOD (SLUS00723) - 1.00 Game.pkg (39.4 MB)
Biohazard 0.5
  • Biohazard 0.5 (SLUS00724) - 1.00 Game.pkg (413.0 MB)
DINO CRISIS (SLUS00009) - 1.00 Game.pkg For PS4
  • DINO CRISIS (SLUS00009) - 1.00 Game.pkg (659.9 MB)
DINO CRISIS Espanol (SLUS00010) - 1.00 Game.pkg
  • DINO CRISIS (SLUS00010) - 1.00 Game.pkg (647.5 MB)
Spider-Man - Web of Shadows PS4 PS2 (SLUS21822) - 1.00 Game.pkg
  • Spider-Man - Web of Shadows (SLUS21822) - 1.00 Game.pkg (375.6 MB)
PSX For PS4
  • Resident Evil_ Survivor -The Prison v1.2 (PSX) Demo (SLUS00422) - 1.00 Game.pkg (436.6 MB)
PSX For PS4
  • Resident Evil Survivor Redux PSX (Church Demo) (SLUS00423) - 1.00 Game.pkg (437.7 MB)
Spoiler: Additional Tweets & Files
RE-PAK Tool to Preview Textures, Create  Extract PAKs for PS4 Game Mods.jpg

Comments

@Waynogeoff from the looks of the log, it shows there is a file that is zero bytes in size, find that file and delete it and it should work.

@Backporter that done it thank you. Found 2 files that where 0 bytes, deleted those and the Pak created properly and the mod worked. You sir are a gentleman and a squire!

Also, incase it helps anyone else out there, if you download a mod that is not created from the same base game version you have, be it from Duplex or where ever. If you use Modded Warfare tutorial you can remarry it to your version regardless of CUSA number.

I'm really confused with the whole "streaming" folder. So as mentioned by Backporter, if it doesn't exist, create it. So I make a streaming folder in this directory of: natives/ps4/ then drag and drop sectionroot into the newly made streaming folder?

That seems more a step that should be done after step 4 and not step after step 6 though.

Hey @Backporter. I wanted to ask you about the latest 5.3 version. I seem to be having issues generating the list file or even using one I already have.

On the previous version if I selected "Generate Hash List" it gave me the option to download or load one I already have. On the new version if I select "Generate Hash List" it only prompts me to open a file. So I open one of the original paks for RE2 and it takes a bit but finally seems to load it.

Then it asks what platform it's for, so I say "PS4" which prompts me to save the list file. However, when I save the file it generates a 0kb file with no file names inside. So I can generate a list or load one that I already have. Any advice is welcome. Thank you!

@Whitehawkx it asks based of what you selected inside the Game selection menu, if you checked "Download PAK List" it will download the list based of the game selected, if you checked "Use Local List" it will ask you to select a existing list, if it generates a 0kb list that means it couldn't read the list you gave it, go into app options and set it to download and select your game.

@FateNightroad2 you want to copy the sectionroot into the streaming folder, the game requires both non-streaming and streaming assets(on PS4 anyway).

Hey @Backporter. Thanks for getting back to me. Here are the two issues I'm having.

Issue #1 - Unable to load local pak list
Steps Im performing:
1) Open RE_PAK.exe
2) Check "Use Local List" and select Resident Evil 2

At this point I receive no pop-up to select my pak list. In version 5.2 it would immediately prompt me to select my local pak list file. How do I load a pak list at this point?

Issue #2 - Unable to generate pak list from pak file

My second issue is when I try to generate a pak list from the pak file. Here are the steps I'm performing.

1) Open RE_PAK.exe
2) Check no options and select Resident Evil 2
3) Select File > Create Hash List > Navigate to RE2 pak file and open it.
3) Wait a few minutes
4) Now it prompts me with "What Platform Should the Hash List be Created with" and I enter "PS4" and click OK.
5) Opens a dialogue box to save my list file. I click save and it creates a 0kb file.

Any advice is welcome. I only seem to have issues on 5.3. Version 5.2 is still working fine for me.

@Whitehawkx Same case here, but if I edit RE-PAK.ini and change True to true, False to false everythibgs work fine and program auto-download .list file, no need to select pak files.

@jation Thanks for the tip. I'll try this out. I already have pak lists for the games I need. I just wanted to try generating the list from the file directly to see if it would work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back