Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 CFW and Hacks       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date May 6, 2019 at 11:10 PM       13      
Status
Not open for further replies.
In line after his QuickNES & Picodrive Ports comes a RetroArch mGBA Gameboy / Gameboy Color PS2 on PS4 emulator port from @Markus95 via Twitter allowing jailbroken PS4 v5.05 owners to launch Gameboy and Gameboy Color ROMs on their consoles! 🤩

Download: RetroArch_mGBA_(PS2).pkg (25.25 MB) / UP9000-CUSB00007_00-SCUS974900000001-A0100-V0100.7z (185.44 MB - Full ROM Set) via @MasterTurkey

Below are the details from Logic-Sunrise.com, roughly translated to quote:

After the emulators Megadrive, MasterSystem, Nintendo NES and Neogeo CD, here (still in PS2 version) mGBA, a Gameboy emulator and Gameboy Color.

With the latter you can launch your Gameboy Color, Gameboy Color but also Super Gameboy.

FYI, it also supports GBA ROMs, but the emulates very badly, so I advise you to use it for this console.

It is compatible on PS4 4.05, 4.55, 4.74, 5.05 and 5.07, moreover thanks to Fltrujy (developer of the PS2 versions) the support of the CDFS: / is now functional, you will thus be able to add your own fullset if necessary for each console.

As usual it is published without ROMs, to add them yourself, here is the procedure to follow:
  • Decompile RetroArch_mGBA_ (PS2).pkg with FAKE_PKG_Generator (orbis-pub-chk.exe) Password: 00000000000000000000000000000000
  • In the folder Image / recover disc01.iso file
  • Open this disc01.iso file with WinRAR or other
  • You will find a GAMEBOY folder for Gameboy ROMs and a GAMEBOYC folder for Gameboy color ROMs.
  • Place ALL your ROMs in the corresponding folders
  • Then create the iso that you rename well disc01.iso with CDGenPS2 v3.0 (CDGenPS2 v2 per Chaos Kid)
  • Rebuild the FPKG with the new disc01.iso file including your own ROMs with the same password (00000000000000000000000000000000).
PS: Other emulators are being tested, if you want to follow my future projects and have a glimpse of these future emotions, all that goes on here: https://twitter.com/Markus00095

Retroarch mGBA on PS4

GameBoy Emulator For PS4 (PS2 RetroArch) via MasterTurkey
RetroArch mGBA Gameboy  Gameboy Color PS2 on PS4 Emulator Port.jpg

Comments

GameBoy Emulator For PS4 (PS2 RetroArch)

Spoiler: Download With Rom Set

Spoiler: Password

P.S. I have advanced renamer and ps2gen gelling pretty well. This one I renamed by hand at first (small set of roms) and then ran advanced renamer on the remainder to make ps2cdgen happy.

I made some concessions ie. The Legend of Zelda became Zelda and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles became TMNT... etc.

Disclaimer: if you have a problem with the naming, you're welcome to rename everything by hand and recompile.

This is great... but i can't wait for the official Retroarch to come out (and i don't thing its based of the ps2emu?) with all the emulators in one :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back