Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 CFW and Hacks       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Mar 22, 2019 at 4:59 AM       68      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Following his PGEN PS2 on PS4 Emulator Port and SMS PSP Emulator for PS4, today PlayStation 4 developer @Markus95 released via Twitter two new RetroArch PS2 on PS4 versions of the Nintendo Entertainment System emulator QuickNES and the Sega Master System / MegaDrive emulator Picodrive to enjoy your favorite retrogaming ROMs with. (y)

Download: Retroarch.rar (49.36 MB) / RetroArch_PicoDrive_PS4.7z (171.28 MB) / Full SMS & Genesis ROM Set (1.2 GB) / Full ROM Sets Collection via @MasterTurkey

To quote from the blog post on Logic-Sunrise.com, roughly translated: They are both compatible on PS4 4.05, 4.55, 4.74, 5.05 and 5.07, moreover thanks to Fltrujy (developer of PS2 versions) CDFS support: / is now functional, so you can add your own fullset if needed for each emulator.

As usual they are published without ROMs, to add them yourself, here is the procedure to follow:
  • Unzip the archive Retroarch.rar
  • Then decompile QuickNES.pkg and / or Picodrive.pkg with FAKE_PKG_Generator (orbis-pub-chk.exe) Password: 00000000000000000000000000000000
  • In the folder Image / recover disc01.iso file
  • Open this disc01.iso file with WinRAR or other
  • You will find a ROMS folder for QuickNES and 2 folders MASTERSYSTEM and Megadrive for Picodrive
  • Place ALL your ROMs in the corresponding folders
  • Then create the iSO that you rename well disc01.iso with CDGenPS2 v3.0 / CDGenPS2_v3.0.rar (Mirror) (CDGenPS2 v2 / cdgenps2v2.zip (Mirror) per @Chaos Kid)
  • Rebuild the FPKG with the new disc01.iso file including your own ROMs with the same password (00000000000000000000000000000000).
Cheers to @DEFAULTDNB on Twitter for the heads-up of this news earlier today! :beer:

RetroArch Picodrive for PS4 (HomeBrew) via MasterTurkey
QuickNES via RetroArch for PS4 (Homebrew) via MasterTurkey
How to play NES classic games on your Modded PS4! [PART 1]
How to play NES classic games on your Modded PS4! [PART 2]
How to play Sega Genesis Games on your modded PS4! [PART 1]
How to play classic Sega Genesis games on your Modded PS4 [PART 2]
RetroArch QuickNES & Picodrive PS2 on PS4 Emulator Ports Arrive.jpg

RetroArch QuickNES & Picodrive PS2 on PS4 Emulator Ports Arrive 2.jpg

Comments

I ran advanced renamer a bunch of times across both sets until I didn't see any errors from ps2cdgen any more. This means the file names may be unrecognizable. It's really not my deal.

I'm not going to go through and rename everything by hand. You can, and then link me and I'll build it. Otherwise this will have to do. The data is there (or whatever ps2gen allowed me to put)... I redid the icon and splash screen.

RetroArch PicoDrive Full Set (4 parts)

Spoiler: Zippy Share Links

Spoiler: Zip Password

UNTESTED

So Apparently the "full set" for NES is missing T-Z. Not sure if that's ps2cdgen f'ing me or what?! So I just split it up. USA / Europe on one. Asia, japan, china, and brazil on another. This was pointed out to me, so I thought I'd correct it. USA / Europe is tested and working. Other one I haven't tested.

I would like to point out, PS2cdgen removes duplicate names or what it thinks it's duplicate. Sometimes has constraints on naming, so until someone goes through and re-names every rom by hand (never going to be me) this will never be perfect. This however, contains A-Z so I'm dusting my hands.

Spoiler: USA / EUROPE FULL SET

Spoiler: ASIA / CHINA / BRAZIL / JAPAN FULL SET

Spoiler: Zip Passwords

Reminder, the pkg's password are all 0's. So there's NOTHING stopping YOU from unpacking them, adding what YOU WANT and repackaging. Literally... nothing.

USA / EUROPE tested and working. ASIA CHINA BRAZIL JAPAN UN-Tested.

too much complicated but is god of war playable or killzone and more strange fighters are playing good for ps2 classics fpkg on my ps4 5.05 on vita gow 1 and 2 work flawlessly

Hello Every one. I'm don't understand the step of building PKG after add own roms. Please detail about using Fake pkg Generator please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back