Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Following his last guide, today PlayStation 4 developer @MODDEDWARFARE let us know on Twitter that he's posted a new video tutorial on his YouTube Channel covering How to Run Fake / Custom Package (PKG) Files from USB / HDD on jailbroken PS4 4.05 and 4.55 consoles. :cool:

Here's a summary from the video's description, to quote: How to run custom/fake package files such as PS4 backup games, homebrew apps and PS2 games on a 4.55 PS4.

This video also covers how to run the package files from a USB device instead of the internal hard drive.

Download Links:
Running Fake  Custom Package (PKG) Files from USB  HDD Guide.jpg

Comments

@MeTheKing SO basically you can have a 4TB external drive filled with "legally obtained backups" and run the internal system of a 500GB drive, which only holds references to the external drive?

@MeTheKing
This is very good news (for me at least) when/if the next jailbreak comes for 5.05. Is it common procedure that every time you update the system firmware you need to wipe the internal drive?
I've never had any success just "update" the system firmware without re-initialization = whipe the disk.

Bought a 5tb Seagate External HDD just for my PS4 and i'm loving it with this payload. Gonna fill up to the point of almost maxing it out lmao. Thank you so much Stooged.

@jacobsson

Once you install your PKGs to the External, It's not on the PS4 anymore you can check with FTP. It's just a small internal system link to show where the PKGs are which are on the external of course.

No more 500GB small internal space for me lmao

what if i set up a external hard drive via the ps4 - move some of my games to it (from the internal to the external) and then it says they cannot run from it, and also windows won't give me permission to access it, so i can't copy the ini file to it d'oh ??

if i read right on this forum, somewhere there is a file ??? - that tells the ps4 what app is where and so i need to just edit that to direct to the right drive... i.e usb0: or something
guess what??? - very confused..

It's just a small internal system link to show where the PKGs are which are on the external of course. where...? what's the file name please

@dstuk2018 From what I understand and i could be wrong (SO PLEASE OTHERS CHIME IN IF I AM)

The only difference between this APP2USB and the Official PS4 creating an extended drive for you is:

1/ The App version lets you move internal games to external and run them (just like ps4's format would) BUT you can still use the External HD on your computer whereas if you let the PS4 make an extended storage the PC will NOT read it.

2/ Both the App and the PS4 (doing its own extended drive) will move the internal game to the external and it can be ran/execute

3/ Both are technically Exfat format BUT the PS4 also has some encryption when it formats so it can't be read from the comp

4/ Packages stored on the root of the external (App version - not PS4 formatted version)can be installed to the internal HD but then you COULD TECHNICALLY then move it back to the external and have it run from there.

5/ NO IDEA on what happens when you install a game update if you can move to the extended storage or not on either method??

Like I said this is my understanding basically...but I could be off on a couple things. I'm sure a dev (like @stooged or @MeTheKing) could chime in and give a bit better concrete information

It doesn't work on games with seperate updates like nioh or last of us, so you need to exclude them. But it will do just fine for prepatched ones like overcooked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back