Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Following his last guide, today PlayStation 4 developer @MODDEDWARFARE let us know on Twitter that he's posted a new video tutorial on his YouTube Channel covering How to Run Fake / Custom Package (PKG) Files from USB / HDD on jailbroken PS4 4.05 and 4.55 consoles. :cool:

Here's a summary from the video's description, to quote: How to run custom/fake package files such as PS4 backup games, homebrew apps and PS2 games on a 4.55 PS4.

This video also covers how to run the package files from a USB device instead of the internal hard drive.

Download Links:
Running Fake  Custom Package (PKG) Files from USB  HDD Guide.jpg

Comments

just for information : my external hdd stopped being recognizable by the ps4 hen, probably because of stuff that i did to it but whatever.

i fixed it by making it an external storage through the ps4 and then reformatting it to exfat in windows (just formatting it didn't work, i tried). for those who are clowns like me.

thanks but my internal hdd has same space as before
can somebody explain? if i moved the games to external why does my internal hdd has same space

make no sense to me being honest

My system only transfers "Game Updates" I have tried remove the entire line that works for updates but it don't transfer the game files? What am I missing?

Don't know if anyone has come across this issue but I successfully put all my games to portable hdd. The issue I am having is it's saying my saved data is corrupt. I had back it all up previous to running any exploits.

Even when I go to replace the saved data I'm still getting a corrupt prompt for only the games that are on the usb hdd. Can't use any of my saved game progress. Open to ideas. Thanx

just wanted to say thank you and it works for 4.05. just did tomb raider.

any moderator, seems i can only reply to post/threads. how come i cant post new topics?

As mentioned in the Announcements, only Developers can start new topics now.

The permissions were not set correctly in the Random Stuff section, which is why you were able to until I fixed them a bit ago.

might sound dumb to you guys but was curious, i can confirm that not only does it work on 4.05 you can use the same hdd for all actions, (dump/install/run) bit of a process if the game isnt installed already but wanted to try from scratch.
thank you very much !

@barelynotlegal That isn't dumb at all ....there are lots of people asking those questions and your input is great!

Did you use AAP2USB, PKG2USB? I'm assuming APP2PKG? They are similar - that being said they are similar to using the actual PS4 to do it BUT doing it by PS4 doesn't let you then use the drive on your computer so that is a huge determinant :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back