Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS5 News       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Jun 25, 2017 at 5:38 AM       33      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Although when exactly is still unconfirmed and open for debate, following the PS5 concept designs this weekend president and CEO of Sony Interactive Entertainment America (SIEA) and Chairman of SIE Worldwide Studios Shawn Layden officially confirmed in an interview that PlayStation 5 will be a thing... eventually! :LOL:

To quote from the interview with German site Golem.de, roughly translated:

Golem.de: When will the first game, which runs on the PS4 Pro - but no longer on a PlayStation 4?

Shawn Layden: That will never happen!

Golem.de: Is the Pro not the entry into the business model, that like evolution of hardware takes place as with smartphones - instead of every few years a whole new generation to build up?

Layden: With the PlayStation 4 Pro we have for the first time implemented this kind of innovation within the life cycle of a console. The pro is really only to offer advantages such as 4K resolutions and HMD for players who can and want to use that. Add to this a more stable image rate and larger hard disk space. But who has a standard PS4 has no real disadvantages. Each of our games will continue to run on the classic PS4 and possibly slightly better on the Pro.

Golem.de: This means that you are more likely to rely on a real PlayStation 5 - whenever that will be?

Layden: Yes. It will probably be some time.

While this isn't surprising to most in the video gaming industry it is reassuring to hear from an executive at Sony, so one day we can all officially begin the wait for a PlayStation 5 jailbreak and PS5 CFW! :D
Sony CEO Shawn Layden Confirms PlayStation 5 (PS5) Will Be Coming.jpg

Comments

I am sure Sony will have another PS4 release to combat the XB1 X but then again, maybe they will hold out and go straight for the PS5. You never know with Sony anymore. Lol.

@Self,

Yeah, we never know what Sony is anymore but I doubt. Sony isn't stupid. They wont release any PS4 at all. Ps5 is likely to be reality in 2023 and its a good possibility, obviously.

It's fine by me I'm enjoying the PS4 quite a lot game wise this generation and will be using it for years to come especially thanks to the homebrew scene

honestly, I think there is still a lot left for ps4 to think about ps5.

Let's see if the scene goes any further and we'll be even happier.
We have a lot of games at the moment and if it could be advanced a little more it would be incredible.

Unless you could falsify the updates, letting you update without the disk and also spoof the version and always put the last
Dreaming is free :D:D

I will buy PS5 only and only if it has been jailbroken, I got money to buy the system but not so much for the games, well maybe a game or two but only the best ones, lols..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back