Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS3 CFW and Hacks       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Mar 6, 2017 at 11:59 PM       26      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Following his previous update, PlayStation developer @batman has been hard at work on the Unreal Engine 3 free multi-platform 3D game engine known as UDK Ultimate with the help of developers @PixelButts and @epicerror, and below are some recent 2017 updates and video demos for those anxious to create your own games for PC, PS3 and XBox 360 complete with a type of Gears of War Creation Kit! :love:

With the addition of PlayStation 3 support after sorting out the PS3 export issue, he confirmed that games created in UDK Ultimate will be able to run on both the XBox360 RGH and any PS3 with Custom Firmware (CFW) meaning PlayStation fans will no longer will need a DECH / DEX developer console to experience it. :thumbup:

There is still work to be done, but he let us know a UDK Ultimate release is not too far off... until then, check out their new UDK Ultimate YouTube Channel with some demonstration videos below!

UDK Ultimate Unreal Engine 3 Video Demos, 2017 Updates by Batman.jpg

Comments

Ah, I can't wait for the release! :'(
Hello bro,

Yeah, I am so sorry for the delay, but I want to give to people a kind of Gears of War Creation Kit inside UDK Ultimate, to make things easy especially for begginners.

In practical terms, there are only 2 tasks I need to implement, which are the Gears of War Executions Animations and Vehicles.

But the probem is that unfortunatelly I don`t have enough time to work exclusively on this project, so I try to use ALL my free time on this project, as I am working alone. The other people who helped me, they already made their part, so now to finish UDK Ultimate and release it is on my hands.

I am having very good progress, especially on custom animations in UDK. But the problem is that making everything work on PS3 is a pain in the assss :D

Just for having an idea, recently I had to remade ALL the GOW Weapons from scratch to have it working on PS3.

This last testmap which is running on my Xbox360, DID NOT RUN on PS3:

The problem happened because I directly ported some Unreal Tournament 3 Packages to UDK (by uncooking the package in UDK, then copy it`s contents to a new blank package). It worked perfectly, I was able to port ALL UT3 Particle Effects, like fire, smoke, lights, ray, beam, snow, rain, water, and so on...

But the problem is that whenever compiling this data to PS3 (cooking for PS3), I had a problem. The PS3 Cooking process on unreal engine converts the data (models, animation, textures, audio...) to a PS3 native format. The problem is that whenever converting geometry (static meshes), if I got the meshes directly from UT3 package, it crashed the Unreal Frontend, could not cook for PS3.

If i got these static meshes, extracted them from the upk package then import to 3dsmax, then export as fbx data to UDK, then cook for PS3, it worked.

I discovered this problem by looking at the source code of PS3Tools.dll (which contains the functions to compile data for PS3).

The PS3Tools.dll uses a tool from the PS3 *** called Playstation Edge Graphics Library, it contains functions to optimize geometry data, compress geometry data to make it lighter to run on PS3 GPU.

What was happening is that this tool cannot read the geometry information of static meshes which were already cooked then uncooked (it seems that some important information is lost on this process of uncooking the upk package) in UDK. It could only read data from static meshes which were imported in UDK through the FBX Pipeline.

So I had to come back and re-import ALL Static Meshes I ripped from UT3 to 3dsmax, then from 3dsmax export again to UDK Ultimate.

What a bunch of work yeah, anyway, this project is up, running and close to release.

Keep in touch!!!

Hello! I'm new at the unreal stuff, but can you port Jazz Jackrabbit 3 Demo? I got the demo with the jazz 3d editor, you must run the editor as an admin, that'll be good, sort of.

this is quite cool i might get back into making stuffs with the editor
The editor of JJ3D or the UDK?

I got the JJ3D Demo, but I'm too lazy to upload them.
Here's the download link that I found:-
Jazz JackRabbit 3D.rar (50.5 MB)

I got the unofficial patch if you wish, I got the link:-
JJ3DPatch_1.3c.zip (48.74 MB)

I wish they could help. :)

Staff Note: Resume discussion in the latest topic here:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back