Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Earlier this month developer @KIWIDOGGIE revealed on Twitter that unlike PS4 the PS5 utilizes (3) stages of security: Webkit (Userland), Kernel level and some additional memory (Hypervisor codenamed Hylonome / VM) protections... while over the weekend developer @zezu420 (aka Znullptr on Twitter) confirmed, "there are going to be more levels of 'jailbreak' for PS5 than for PS4" stating that, "others are working on it as well and maybe there will be disclosure 'soon'." :love:

Since the PS5 Root Keys Were Obtained privately, a PS5 4.03 Kernel Build String alongside PS5 Webkit Execution: 4.03 ROP Userland Exploitation was publicly released in the PlayStation 5 Scene with developer Znullptr noting, "That is the firmware I tested the exploit on, others are vulnerable" referring to 4.03 PS5 OFW (3.20 now included also) as Sony just pushed live 5.00 PS5 OFW last week. :unsure:

Security Engineer @CTurt also dropped some unspecific hints via Twitter in recent months pertaining to his HackerOne PlayStation Bounties, with the related Tweets included HERE for those who missed them. :ninja:

In addition to adding PS5 support to a PS4 emulator called PSUV (additional projects at EmuDev.org), speaking on PS4 exploits, the ETA WEN crowd and related frustrations developer Znullptr makes a valid point stating, "everyone is still all about 9.03 even tho 9.00 was just released covering 99% of machines in existence" referring to the pOOBs4 Jailbreak Exploit that hit the PlayStation 4 Scene only a few months ago. o_O

<3 Being tired of contracting and bounties, Znullptr (aka dmiller423 on Github) is currently seeking donations for hardware and further testing... those interested in lending a hand can do so directly to David Miller via:
Below are the related Tweets, and always verify the information matches prior to donating in order to avoid potential scammers:

Spoiler: Related Tweets
Znullptr on PS4 PS5 Jailbreak Exploit Development, Seeking Donations.png

Comments

@MoneyT20 There is not problem to donate, I always do it and no matter what they release something or not. That's why we are here to support each other. Some people wont donate a dime and that's their opinion and decision not to do it. Some of my donations are private and nobody will never know what I do or did. Developers deserves a lot more than a simple donation from us.

Unfortunately its the way of the world right now. Too many self entitled peeps who think they deserve everything yesterday. No patience and ZERO respect for anyone or anything. Both the Switch and PS4 scenes have been the most toxic that I have ever seen.

Hardware hacks always thinned the herd as those without competence couldn't hack their consoles and those that could had some respect for what had been done to make the hacks possible.

I miss the good old days where people were grateful for what they got.

I blame the snowflake generation that want to cancel anyone and anything that they don't agree with. That and social media in general, personally i think all forms of it should be banned forever :)

@blimblim04
I get that but some people wont help unless someone says something. Some people need to be told something as they go by the "closed mouths dont get fed" logic.

Then we have the ones who dont donate and complain day in and day out "the ETA WEN" kids

@MoneyT20 Exactly right!

I remember even back in the day Dark_AleX got tired of people hounding him for new PSP exploits. It's so sad how people going into this field want to contribute and just get bombarded with entitled people asking "wHeN iS ThE nExT oNe CoMiNg OuT?????!!!!???". Its not healthy for the scene and these people can easily get paid by Sony instead without dealing with the same bs.

The community needs to be more patient and support the people working on the research required to develop more exploits.

Say you submit an exploit but sony doesn't pay out... or doesn't pay out the amount you expect. would you still agree to it? depending on the amount of work involved I might not.

say cturt got 10k for his... but you submit a similar full exploit and they say 1k for it and you have to tell them how to fix it before you get anything... would you trust that?

even on the HackerOne website cturt last bounty submission has been on hold for months so maybe he got paid maybe he didn't. But whats stopping them from getting the info, patching the exploit and not paying out or saying heres 5 bucks and we wont sue you.

He deserves more than a donation for all the hard work and the time he spend to draw the smile and to allow to many of those who can't afford to buy new games the pleasure of enjoying their consoles... Znullptr thank you 🙏👏 hats off

Znullptr dont hear about all the crying ppl.. you are making a really damn good work for us.

I'm really proud and want to thank you :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back