Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Earlier this month developer @KIWIDOGGIE revealed on Twitter that unlike PS4 the PS5 utilizes (3) stages of security: Webkit (Userland), Kernel level and some additional memory (Hypervisor codenamed Hylonome / VM) protections... while over the weekend developer @zezu420 (aka Znullptr on Twitter) confirmed, "there are going to be more levels of 'jailbreak' for PS5 than for PS4" stating that, "others are working on it as well and maybe there will be disclosure 'soon'." :love:

Since the PS5 Root Keys Were Obtained privately, a PS5 4.03 Kernel Build String alongside PS5 Webkit Execution: 4.03 ROP Userland Exploitation was publicly released in the PlayStation 5 Scene with developer Znullptr noting, "That is the firmware I tested the exploit on, others are vulnerable" referring to 4.03 PS5 OFW (3.20 now included also) as Sony just pushed live 5.00 PS5 OFW last week. :unsure:

Security Engineer @CTurt also dropped some unspecific hints via Twitter in recent months pertaining to his HackerOne PlayStation Bounties, with the related Tweets included HERE for those who missed them. :ninja:

In addition to adding PS5 support to a PS4 emulator called PSUV (additional projects at EmuDev.org), speaking on PS4 exploits, the ETA WEN crowd and related frustrations developer Znullptr makes a valid point stating, "everyone is still all about 9.03 even tho 9.00 was just released covering 99% of machines in existence" referring to the pOOBs4 Jailbreak Exploit that hit the PlayStation 4 Scene only a few months ago. o_O

<3 Being tired of contracting and bounties, Znullptr (aka dmiller423 on Github) is currently seeking donations for hardware and further testing... those interested in lending a hand can do so directly to David Miller via:
Below are the related Tweets, and always verify the information matches prior to donating in order to avoid potential scammers:

Spoiler: Related Tweets
Znullptr on PS4 PS5 Jailbreak Exploit Development, Seeking Donations.png

Comments

I hope it's ok to ask this question here, I don't know where else I could ask. I just got my PS5 (finally) and it is exactly on 4.03.

The only thing I want to do in the future with a jailbroken PS5, is putting my game-save from a clean PS5 on the jailbroken PS5, then save edit and put it back on the clean PS5.

Will this somehow be possible in the future if we get a full jailbreak? Was that possible on the PS4 for example? Will definitely donate regardless!

@Nirav Patel
Both answer are yes. I'm getting another brand new factory sealed PS5 but I will pay over 850.00 because is model CFI-1015A. Rather to do that than get a new model with higher firmware version.

I checked tons of articles online nothing is different in performance comparison for old and new. So i am cool with new, also i have Ps4 pro jailbroken and i don't care for PS5 jailbreak as it will eventually come for older firmware similar like PS4.

for sure anyone who is anyone not in the eta wen clique, or otherwise a script copy kiddy, as well as being of ability to should donate to support this devs work, his rep in the scene is valid and if i could i would donate.

the 9.03 eta wen noobs are just chapped they cant utilize their wasted hundreds of dollars on psn content that CANNOT be used without psn login, or likewise love to play online vs having MUCH greater use of their thusly updated restricted access piece of plastic ps4.

seriously if you want ANY homebrew, cool tweaks, mods, hacks, etc NEVER UPDATE THE FIRMWARE, unless otherwise demonstrated that a higher firmware is hackable, more reliable or otherwise exploitable, and know how to update your console specifically to said firmware via completely offline methods.

dont get on social media asking eta wen 9.03? either figure that out yourself and quit whining, or just quit whining and donate to devs like the one featured here to support the scene.

Side note: 9.00 does indeed cover pretty much all ps4s. personally for me, f%$k the eleventeen year olds online, i'll take more functionality, homebrew, ability to dump games and play without physical media hand over fist vs psn access. gta5 is wayyyyy more fun with a mod menu in single player mode.

Just for information over on HackerOne website, a closed entry has just arrived from developer theflow0. Now closed 8hrs ago. With a large bounty of $20,000.00.

Time will tell but it looks like a encouraging for either the PS4 or PS5 users. Either Sony has increased its rewards or this is a big one as there are not many payouts of that magnitude.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back