Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 CFW and Hacks       Thread starter stooged       Start date Mar 5, 2018 at 7:10 PM       920      
Status
Not open for further replies.
I will post this as a separate thread from the PS4 PKG2USB as the 2 payloads vary and it saves confusion.

Original Post: I was playing around with the ext0 mount and recreating the file structure that would be there if the pkg was installed to external storage.

There is a trick I found where if you copy the CUSAXXXXX folder from /user/app to /mnt/ext0/user/app and then unplug the hdd and plug it back in it causes the ps4 to do a repair and then the game is recognized as installed on external storage and from there there are other issues.

BUT with the great work SiSTRo has done in PKG2USB with the symlinks its a lot easier to manage with exfat and just normal USB.

So building on his PKG2USB and symlinks I modified what I was working on for the ext0 mount to work with the usb0 or usb1 and symlinks.

Downloads:
:arrow: Changlog via dbsuarez

This payload searches the entire /user/app folder and copies all installed fpkg games to usb from the system drive and creates the symlinks like SiSTRo has kindly shown us the ability to do.

If you want to target a single game not the whole folder use PKG2USB.

If you install more games just run the payload again and it will copy any new games to the USB and so on.

With symlinks you are making a link to a directory so you want to pick which USB port to have the hdd on and keep it on that same port or the links will point to the wrong directory. USB0 is what I use.

Thanks again to SiSTRo, xVortex, Anonymous, CelesteBlue!

PS4 JAILBREAK 5.05 How To Use APP2USB by seanp2500
Running PS4 Games From a USB with App2USB (5.05 Jailbreak)
Download: app2usb.rar (726 Bytes - configured to export app+update+dlcs to external disc, includes app2usb.ini)
AppToUSB by Stooged A Modification of PKG2USB for PS4.jpg

Comments

@ragepoo hi, i always uncheck the "CHECK_USB" and the MODE_MOVE.

1. put al your games on the ROOT of your usb and install them (hen /degugsetting/games/install package
2. i turn my ps4off when installer has finished en plug my usb back in the computer
3. create a folder on your usb drive called ps4 in the ps4 folder create a new folder and name it to the corresponding cusaxxxxxx id of a game you have just installed
4.do this for all the games you have installed ,now i just drag the pkg of the game (the ones you have put on the root off your usb drive) in the write cusa folder and rename them to app.pkg
5 put the list of the new cusa folder in the inifile (save) and put it in the PS4 folder
6 power on ps4 plug in your usb drive run app2usb and he will link it to your usb drive
before you ask (internal space is not shown right and the games are deleted form your internal hdd)

netcatgui: NetCat GUI.zip

tip look in the tutorials for the localhosting with a esp module far more easy

this is how i do it, hopefully i helps you out

For certain games you will have icon0.png, icon0_01.png, icon0_02.png ... The number of the icon corresponds to the language. Modify the icon following your language.

I will have to update the payload to work with all the png files not just icon0, pic0 and pic1

quick question if you want to link an update to usb you have to rename it to patch.pkg and put it in update/cusaxxxxx/patch.pkg

@BigWadger ok, thanks. i Prefer tot do like that because it's much Faster when you copy it to your USB drive using a pc (120mb/s VS 2mb/s) and when the update is like 26gb (Doom 1.09) it takes forever. now the payloads just has to link it , takes about 30 seconds to link multiple games. just wasn't sure about the updates

@hemi426 yes but what im saying is when you put em on root to install em you dont need to move em yourself it will move and link in a second or so no copying is done and it saves you putting it back on PC to move it to update/cusaxxxxx/ yourself also latest payload will leave the pkg with its original name and bung in the icons so you know whats actually in the dir

@stooged if it is possible in your next update, could there be a constant progress bar? The only reason I ask is you have to wait every 20 seconds or so for it to pop up saying what is transferring and at what speed. Sometimes if there is a crash or something goes wrong you have no idea unless you count out 30 seconds roughly (to be sure) before cancelling etc. Just an idea

I have a question: If my 4tb is nearly full and i have got some games on internal but more than the free space on external

If i use app2usb what will happen? Is it ok to do it? Or shoud i avoid it?
Also am using v9 to transfer the games is there a reason to update the payload?

Thanx in advance

if the hdd is full and you try to put more games on it errors will happen and you might end up with a corrupted game file because it couldn't transfer.

there are 3 options.
1: buy a bigger hdd and use a pc and copy all your games from the full hdd to the bigger hdd and use the bigger hdd for the ps4 and then you can put more games on it.

2: unplug your 4tb hdd that is full and use a second hdd and put games on that but you will have to switch hdds if a game you try to play is on hdd1 and you have hdd2 is plugged in.

3: fill internal drive with games.

if the payload is working for you without a problem then there is no need to update it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back