Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 CFW and Hacks       Thread starter stooged       Start date Mar 5, 2018 at 7:10 PM       920      
Status
Not open for further replies.
I will post this as a separate thread from the PS4 PKG2USB as the 2 payloads vary and it saves confusion.

Original Post: I was playing around with the ext0 mount and recreating the file structure that would be there if the pkg was installed to external storage.

There is a trick I found where if you copy the CUSAXXXXX folder from /user/app to /mnt/ext0/user/app and then unplug the hdd and plug it back in it causes the ps4 to do a repair and then the game is recognized as installed on external storage and from there there are other issues.

BUT with the great work SiSTRo has done in PKG2USB with the symlinks its a lot easier to manage with exfat and just normal USB.

So building on his PKG2USB and symlinks I modified what I was working on for the ext0 mount to work with the usb0 or usb1 and symlinks.

Downloads:
:arrow: Changlog via dbsuarez

This payload searches the entire /user/app folder and copies all installed fpkg games to usb from the system drive and creates the symlinks like SiSTRo has kindly shown us the ability to do.

If you want to target a single game not the whole folder use PKG2USB.

If you install more games just run the payload again and it will copy any new games to the USB and so on.

With symlinks you are making a link to a directory so you want to pick which USB port to have the hdd on and keep it on that same port or the links will point to the wrong directory. USB0 is what I use.

Thanks again to SiSTRo, xVortex, Anonymous, CelesteBlue!

PS4 JAILBREAK 5.05 How To Use APP2USB by seanp2500
Running PS4 Games From a USB with App2USB (5.05 Jailbreak)
Download: app2usb.rar (726 Bytes - configured to export app+update+dlcs to external disc, includes app2usb.ini)
AppToUSB by Stooged A Modification of PKG2USB for PS4.jpg

Comments

@dbsuarez
thanks :D I also found some on my old 4.05 system for the walking dead game

@badboy4life9
that's ok i didnt think you were trying to make a name or anything like that, you just wanted to move the dlc and that's great that you used the source and made changes and shared back.
I just needed a game from the repo on this forum so I can run tests on 4.05 and 4.55.

@badboy4life9
yes I understand its not allowed to post private repo in public.
it is ok because the pkg repo here has some dlc so I have some to test with :)

updated it to v17 on GitHub, I tested 4.55 and it worked fine but I didn't have time to test 4.05 as I have to go to work but it should be fine as its a simple addition to the code.

changelog on GitHub:

added the ability to move dlc to usb as requested and outlined by: badboy4life9
to enable this uncomment //MOVE_DLC in the ini file

changed payload to work with all .png files for icon modification

Hi guys,
First, thx stooged for your work, i just have a stupid question, if i want to move like 2 pkg to my external USB, should i change the code like this for example ? :

Code:
To use this list as a list of games you want to move not ignore then uncomment the line below.
//MODE_MOVE
CUSA05794
CUSA05259

Example ignore or move usage.

CUSAXXXX1
CUSAXXXX2
CUSAXXXX3

@stooged, let me handle this so I could practice my english, lols..

@deagle41,You must uncomment MODE_MOVE by removing the // infront

And then put the title id's of the game you want to move to external below the line "Example ignore or move usage.".. The way it is now will move all your games to external except for the ids that you put in the list..

Your ini should look like this..
Code:
To use this list as a list of games you want to move not ignore then uncomment the line below.
MODE_MOVE

Example ignore or move usage.

CUSA05794
CUSA05259

Just tried v17 and for me it only copies the large dlc i have from persona 5 the other 28 that are only 131.1kb seem to get skipped also in the dlc I00000002/EN2018-BRBA20181_00-0000000000002018/EN2018-BRBA20181_00-0000000000002018.pkg, Not sure what that is, Im on 4.05

not all dlc installs result in a pkg file being created to move to the usb hdd.

the small ones like CUSA06638_00-ADDCONTENT000029 (128kb) install license files that unlock content that is already included in the main game pkg.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back