Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 CFW and Hacks       Thread starter stooged       Start date Mar 5, 2018 at 7:10 PM       920      
Status
Not open for further replies.
I will post this as a separate thread from the PS4 PKG2USB as the 2 payloads vary and it saves confusion.

Original Post: I was playing around with the ext0 mount and recreating the file structure that would be there if the pkg was installed to external storage.

There is a trick I found where if you copy the CUSAXXXXX folder from /user/app to /mnt/ext0/user/app and then unplug the hdd and plug it back in it causes the ps4 to do a repair and then the game is recognized as installed on external storage and from there there are other issues.

BUT with the great work SiSTRo has done in PKG2USB with the symlinks its a lot easier to manage with exfat and just normal USB.

So building on his PKG2USB and symlinks I modified what I was working on for the ext0 mount to work with the usb0 or usb1 and symlinks.

Downloads:
:arrow: Changlog via dbsuarez

This payload searches the entire /user/app folder and copies all installed fpkg games to usb from the system drive and creates the symlinks like SiSTRo has kindly shown us the ability to do.

If you want to target a single game not the whole folder use PKG2USB.

If you install more games just run the payload again and it will copy any new games to the USB and so on.

With symlinks you are making a link to a directory so you want to pick which USB port to have the hdd on and keep it on that same port or the links will point to the wrong directory. USB0 is what I use.

Thanks again to SiSTRo, xVortex, Anonymous, CelesteBlue!

PS4 JAILBREAK 5.05 How To Use APP2USB by seanp2500
Running PS4 Games From a USB with App2USB (5.05 Jailbreak)
Download: app2usb.rar (726 Bytes - configured to export app+update+dlcs to external disc, includes app2usb.ini)
AppToUSB by Stooged A Modification of PKG2USB for PS4.jpg

Comments

@Easymode yes to check root you need the ini edited as you say but without the ini it should be trying to copy the pkgs from ps4 to usb/ps4/cusaxxxxx so somethings not right, If you used the same hdd to install to ps4 then the only thing it might be is a hidden partition that gets mounted take a look with a tool like gparted or windows disk manager and drop the partitions and format a new one

So I feel I have made quite the discovery. It appears once I reached 6tb of used data the ps4 can no longer calculate my used/remaining space at the storage screen. This is on a launch day phat. I can still install games and all is well. But I do believe stooged has outdone even sony's engineers. A true feat! If I understand what's going on here app2usb is allowing us to bypass the intended 6tb limit of the sata port though this is just a theory...

@BigWadger thats what i thought also. i am new to both ps4 and this hack but i have plenty of years in IT so i understand this i just feel like i am missing a step. originally what i did was use a 32gb usb to install the pkg internally. When i finally got my 4tb (exfat formatted is disk mang) drive i wanted to move the games i installed the previous day to that.

I turn on ps4, exploit running on computer i then load app2usb (get no memory error), then run original followed by app2usb, i get the first two messages and then nothing. if i have a blank ex HDD and just want to move the internal games to it do i have to create the file structure (ps4/cusaxxx/) first on the external or can i just run app2usb and it will move the files and create the structure without needing the ini file?

Appreciate your help man!

@DEFAULTDNB yes i've done that. I have plenty of experience with computers so no issues there with formatting and such. I made the mistake of making the drive extended storage at first but went back and fixed that. i am just suprised that i dont even receive an error stating nothing can be moved its just zero activity.

Right now i just want to move the files on the internal to this drive. I dont have the files stored on anything else other than the internal ps4 so i cant do the quick method for them but do i still have to create the file structure or is that done automatically when i run the payload?

Dont have the ps4 in front of me now but just trying to gather some info and see what i am missing.

@Easymode the files in the internal user/app/cusaXXXXX/app.pkg IS the <whatevergameitwas>.PKG you installed originally, so there is always that option, but via ftp to usb thats gonna be slow depending how big the games are....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back