Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 CFW and Hacks       Thread starter stooged       Start date Mar 5, 2018 at 7:10 PM       920      
Status
Not open for further replies.
I will post this as a separate thread from the PS4 PKG2USB as the 2 payloads vary and it saves confusion.

Original Post: I was playing around with the ext0 mount and recreating the file structure that would be there if the pkg was installed to external storage.

There is a trick I found where if you copy the CUSAXXXXX folder from /user/app to /mnt/ext0/user/app and then unplug the hdd and plug it back in it causes the ps4 to do a repair and then the game is recognized as installed on external storage and from there there are other issues.

BUT with the great work SiSTRo has done in PKG2USB with the symlinks its a lot easier to manage with exfat and just normal USB.

So building on his PKG2USB and symlinks I modified what I was working on for the ext0 mount to work with the usb0 or usb1 and symlinks.

Downloads:
:arrow: Changlog via dbsuarez

This payload searches the entire /user/app folder and copies all installed fpkg games to usb from the system drive and creates the symlinks like SiSTRo has kindly shown us the ability to do.

If you want to target a single game not the whole folder use PKG2USB.

If you install more games just run the payload again and it will copy any new games to the USB and so on.

With symlinks you are making a link to a directory so you want to pick which USB port to have the hdd on and keep it on that same port or the links will point to the wrong directory. USB0 is what I use.

Thanks again to SiSTRo, xVortex, Anonymous, CelesteBlue!

PS4 JAILBREAK 5.05 How To Use APP2USB by seanp2500
Running PS4 Games From a USB with App2USB (5.05 Jailbreak)
Download: app2usb.rar (726 Bytes - configured to export app+update+dlcs to external disc, includes app2usb.ini)
AppToUSB by Stooged A Modification of PKG2USB for PS4.jpg

Comments

@Ultragian @dbsuarez you guys must be doing something wrong. I just finished playing AC Origins and currently testing Shadow of War from ext hdd and both play well so far. Maybe try using HEN only instead of Mira+HEN because to be honest, I don't think end users like us benefit from using Mira at the moment. It's probably more useful for scene devs.

@Andrew Marques basically this payload transfers your game from int to ext hdd to free up space. Ext hdd must be formatted to exfat. You have to install your fpkg's internally first before using app2usb.

@edrix2004, good to know that it's working for you.. I never used mira, only vortex hen.. Maybe the issue arises from the lack of contagious space in my external HDD, I will try again when my 4tb HDD arrives..

@Andrew Marques if you still have all your fpkg's put them in the root of your ext hdd it will make the process thousand times faster! If you don't have them anymore, it's gonna take ages.

Scenario 1: You still have your fpkg's in the root of your ext hdd

App2usb transfers those fpkg's inside their own folders and takes about 2 secs each.

App2usb deletes your fpkg's from internal hdd automatically which free's up space internally.

Scenario 2: You don't have the fpkg's anymore

App2usb cuts your fpkg's from internal hdd to ext hdd. Will probably 10+ hours for 2TB worth of games. Not good.

So IF you have a very fast internet and you don't have your fpkg's anymore, I suggest you redownload them. It will make the process easier and faster.

I have them on all backuped and my 2TB is full,

To check the usb root for the pkg file to save time copying from the internal ps4 drive then uncomment the line below.
but remember this will move the pkg from the root directory to the PS4 folder.
//CHECK_USB

To rename previously linked pkg files to the new format uncomment the line below.
//RENAME_APP

To disable the processing of icons/art and sound uncomment the line below.
//DISABLE_META

To leave game updates on the internal drive uncomment the line below.
//IGNORE_UPDATES

To move DLC to the usb hdd uncomment the line below.
//MOVE_DLC

To use this list as a list of games you want to move not ignore then uncomment the line below.
//MODE_MOVE

Example ignore or move usage.

CUSAXXXX1
CUSAXXXX2
CUSAXXXX3

That should copy everything over correctly correct?

To check the usb root for the pkg file to save time copying from the internal ps4 drive then uncomment the line below. but remember this will move the pkg from the root directory to the PS4 folder.

CHECK_USB

To rename previously linked pkg files to the new format uncomment the line below.
RENAME_APP

To disable the processing of icons/art and sound uncomment the line below.
//DISABLE_META

To leave game updates on the internal drive uncomment the line below.
IGNORE_UPDATES

To move DLC to the usb hdd uncomment the line below.
MOVE_DLC

To use this list as a list of games you want to move not ignore then uncomment the line below.
//MODE_MOVE

Example ignore or move usage.

CUSAXXXX1
CUSAXXXX2
CUSAXXXX3

Like that, my bad on the copy and paste.

Hello all,
just to know, as in 5.05 we can format and use USB device (hdd of course) as internal hdd extension, why we have to use app2usb ?

Perhaps i miss something :)

DJ

@djogzz because you can use an exfat formatted hdd for some other purpose like movies etc. Also, you can still use that same hdd to install fpkg's to your jailbroken ps4. You can't do that with a PS4 formatted ext hdd.

@Andrew Marques yes like that. But the way you configured your .ini, it will not transfer updates to ext hdd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back