Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 CFW and Hacks       Thread starter stooged       Start date Mar 5, 2018 at 7:10 PM       920      
Status
Not open for further replies.
I will post this as a separate thread from the PS4 PKG2USB as the 2 payloads vary and it saves confusion.

Original Post: I was playing around with the ext0 mount and recreating the file structure that would be there if the pkg was installed to external storage.

There is a trick I found where if you copy the CUSAXXXXX folder from /user/app to /mnt/ext0/user/app and then unplug the hdd and plug it back in it causes the ps4 to do a repair and then the game is recognized as installed on external storage and from there there are other issues.

BUT with the great work SiSTRo has done in PKG2USB with the symlinks its a lot easier to manage with exfat and just normal USB.

So building on his PKG2USB and symlinks I modified what I was working on for the ext0 mount to work with the usb0 or usb1 and symlinks.

Downloads:
:arrow: Changlog via dbsuarez

This payload searches the entire /user/app folder and copies all installed fpkg games to usb from the system drive and creates the symlinks like SiSTRo has kindly shown us the ability to do.

If you want to target a single game not the whole folder use PKG2USB.

If you install more games just run the payload again and it will copy any new games to the USB and so on.

With symlinks you are making a link to a directory so you want to pick which USB port to have the hdd on and keep it on that same port or the links will point to the wrong directory. USB0 is what I use.

Thanks again to SiSTRo, xVortex, Anonymous, CelesteBlue!

PS4 JAILBREAK 5.05 How To Use APP2USB by seanp2500
Running PS4 Games From a USB with App2USB (5.05 Jailbreak)
Download: app2usb.rar (726 Bytes - configured to export app+update+dlcs to external disc, includes app2usb.ini)
AppToUSB by Stooged A Modification of PKG2USB for PS4.jpg

Comments

is there any chance this can sort all the pkgs i have stored as app.pkg from previous versions of this tool. or is there something i can do with the ini to force check these games and update names and add icons

From the ini file

Code:
To rename previously linked pkg files to the new format uncomment the line below.
//RENAME_APP

@stooged I know this is going backwards some, but you think this could get the codebreaker thing to work with ps2 games? run the CB pkg maybe from usb and reg ps2 classic from ps4 hdd ?

I'm not smart at any of this just thought id ask
Thanks

I did what you said but its not working on any of the games i did with v12, Ive dropped a txt file in to let me know what app.pkg it is but would like them to be all the same right now it skipping maybe 40 games done with v12

bugger i should have actually looked at my external cos it has indeed renamed em, I just saw the notifications jump to finish and thought it hadnt done em sorry for not checking properly before posting

For all who wants to use the small icons of USB\HDD in the gameart, as @WarCoZes published, I will publish soon 170+ games with both icons. @stooged

Big collection of USB icon Game images - 175 games. if you have questions feel free to ask.
Rar password: Mavic

game image for example:

icon0.png

link to my google drive's upload:

Spoiler

@stooged i have 5 games that will NOT update their icon0.png? I transferred 63 games so far to the external HD. Then I plug it into the computer and replace the icon0.png with the official game cover.

Plug the external back into the ps4, run the apptousb payload and they all update except the same 5 games? (Battlefield 1,4 and hardline, dragon inquisition and dragon quest heroes 2).

Any idea why they won't update and show the correct image? (I right clicked and unchecked 'read only' on those 5 folders while connected to the pc but it didn't make a difference)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back