Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 CFW and Hacks       Thread starter stooged       Start date Mar 5, 2018 at 7:10 PM       920      
Status
Not open for further replies.
I will post this as a separate thread from the PS4 PKG2USB as the 2 payloads vary and it saves confusion.

Original Post: I was playing around with the ext0 mount and recreating the file structure that would be there if the pkg was installed to external storage.

There is a trick I found where if you copy the CUSAXXXXX folder from /user/app to /mnt/ext0/user/app and then unplug the hdd and plug it back in it causes the ps4 to do a repair and then the game is recognized as installed on external storage and from there there are other issues.

BUT with the great work SiSTRo has done in PKG2USB with the symlinks its a lot easier to manage with exfat and just normal USB.

So building on his PKG2USB and symlinks I modified what I was working on for the ext0 mount to work with the usb0 or usb1 and symlinks.

Downloads:
:arrow: Changlog via dbsuarez

This payload searches the entire /user/app folder and copies all installed fpkg games to usb from the system drive and creates the symlinks like SiSTRo has kindly shown us the ability to do.

If you want to target a single game not the whole folder use PKG2USB.

If you install more games just run the payload again and it will copy any new games to the USB and so on.

With symlinks you are making a link to a directory so you want to pick which USB port to have the hdd on and keep it on that same port or the links will point to the wrong directory. USB0 is what I use.

Thanks again to SiSTRo, xVortex, Anonymous, CelesteBlue!

PS4 JAILBREAK 5.05 How To Use APP2USB by seanp2500
Running PS4 Games From a USB with App2USB (5.05 Jailbreak)
Download: app2usb.rar (726 Bytes - configured to export app+update+dlcs to external disc, includes app2usb.ini)
AppToUSB by Stooged A Modification of PKG2USB for PS4.jpg

Comments

by signing i mean enable the free flag etc etc, it's not what takes time probably, moving the pkg from external to internal is what takes time.

so signing it based on the external package (or making the symlinks first and signing it based on the symlinks), making the symlinks, it's not about cfw at all, correct me if i'm wrong.

The install packages not only "sign" it, it also creates an entry in the database so that the game appears in the menu of the PS4, generates a folder with the icon of the game among other things, or that I suppose, the ideal would be automate all that from the .pkg and so not even have to install going through package install

@fabrebatalla18 i doubt any of that has to do with copying the pkg from external to internal, and even if it's as u say, all of that can be done through a symlink to begin with isn't it.
at the end of the day, you're copying the pkg as it is from external to internal.
edit : just for the record, u would need hen to do so though probably.

Sorry I haven't read the whole stuff yet. So the app basically moves back games from internal to external? Is there any limit ?

What's the basic structure to make a fpkg bc I want to make a mini fpkg for a game so that I don't need to wait a long time to copy the full game, I just want the basic files that the PS4 want to make an icon and entry in the database ... And anything that a full game will do if I install it.

There is an internal checking function within the ps4 firmware that checks the pkg files that we have not found a way to override.

This is why you cant just copy the game to usb and modify the path in the app.db.
The system checks the user/app/cusa folder no matter what we do this is where the symlink comes into it by making a link from the app/cusa folder to the usb folder the system gets redirected to the usb and checks the pkg on the usb.

I have a payload that will move and setup the game totally on the ext0 mount and the ps4 recognizes it as installed externally and you can manage it via the storage menu etc but there is a check that the system is doing that is preventing the game from launching.

Right now the symlink method is the only working one and we cant magically make the game appear and work in the system without using the package installer that is apart of the debug system.

I will keep tinkering with the ext0 payload but for now the symlinks are what is working.

Hey stooge
Some question
If the app.pkg stay on the hdd - so the space still on the hdd? I mean if i move the games to usb and the app.pkg stay on hdd - its still same space as the game install on hdd no? So whats the prupose of that? Or i dont understand.. thx for your great job !!

only the front usb seems to be working on ps4 pro... tried a couple of times in the back (ouch) then plugged in front and the process started, she doesn't like it in the rear ...;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back