Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 CFW and Hacks       Thread starter stooged       Start date Mar 5, 2018 at 7:10 PM       920      
Status
Not open for further replies.
I will post this as a separate thread from the PS4 PKG2USB as the 2 payloads vary and it saves confusion.

Original Post: I was playing around with the ext0 mount and recreating the file structure that would be there if the pkg was installed to external storage.

There is a trick I found where if you copy the CUSAXXXXX folder from /user/app to /mnt/ext0/user/app and then unplug the hdd and plug it back in it causes the ps4 to do a repair and then the game is recognized as installed on external storage and from there there are other issues.

BUT with the great work SiSTRo has done in PKG2USB with the symlinks its a lot easier to manage with exfat and just normal USB.

So building on his PKG2USB and symlinks I modified what I was working on for the ext0 mount to work with the usb0 or usb1 and symlinks.

Downloads:
:arrow: Changlog via dbsuarez

This payload searches the entire /user/app folder and copies all installed fpkg games to usb from the system drive and creates the symlinks like SiSTRo has kindly shown us the ability to do.

If you want to target a single game not the whole folder use PKG2USB.

If you install more games just run the payload again and it will copy any new games to the USB and so on.

With symlinks you are making a link to a directory so you want to pick which USB port to have the hdd on and keep it on that same port or the links will point to the wrong directory. USB0 is what I use.

Thanks again to SiSTRo, xVortex, Anonymous, CelesteBlue!

PS4 JAILBREAK 5.05 How To Use APP2USB by seanp2500
Running PS4 Games From a USB with App2USB (5.05 Jailbreak)
Download: app2usb.rar (726 Bytes - configured to export app+update+dlcs to external disc, includes app2usb.ini)
AppToUSB by Stooged A Modification of PKG2USB for PS4.jpg

Comments

@Orgad
What makes you think the games are still on the ps4 hdd?

Unplug the usb hdd and try to run game and if the game errors and says its corrupt it means the games are not on ps4 hdd

Yea chek this. Enter to every game and its say between 6-100 mb, but when i enter storage it tell me the space (nothing change i mean still 50 gb in use)

Hope when i will over my 480 gb it will not do a problem

ok after few test i manage to make a mini fpkg from one of my games and it installed with out any error. but when i want to link the installed mini game with the original game that is in my Ext HDD, the payload give me this msg:
Code:
Found app.pkg at
/mnt/usb0/PS4/CUSA02472/app.pkg

Overwriting as pkg files are mismatched
so @stooged if you remove this size test in the code, do you think the linking will be ok? if yes, could you please make a payload without this test.

thanx

Hey I explain again:

I install 2 games that is 60 gb. The hdd show me 60 gb in use. I use the payload to remove game from hdd to usb. All complete. In hdd it show me 60 gb of use, but when i enter to game for details, it tell me its 6 mb. On usb its make 2 folder 60 gb. My question is if i will over the 500 gb install on hdd - it will install?

@Orgad please refer to post #74 @fabrebatalla18 already explain to you. The size of installed pkg will not change, but the overall size will increase, so you will get more space that way.

It's not intuitive, but maybe you need to read more post in this thread to understand it. A lot of people in here explained it clearly. It already installed. What you seeing inside ftp is a soft link, it is not real file inside the ps4 anymore.

Yea bro i read all comment. I understand that the most size (pkg) the payload move it from hdd to my usb. Understand this.

But again - it show me in the overall size 60 gb, but when enter for details the game on hdd it show 7 mb. I know that the size after the payload change from 60 gb (example) to 16 mb, but in the ps4 the overall size stay 60 gb. After i overcome the 500 gb (that the ps4 think) it will give me to install more games (again its the ps4 fault he dosent change the Size even it is change)??

Should i do this ?

There is a trick I found where if you copy the CUSAXXXXX folder from /user/app to /mnt/ext0/user/app and then unplug the hdd and plug it back in it causes the ps4 to do a repair and then the game is recognized as installed on external storage and from there there are other issues.

Don't do this. I don't think that is the correct way to do it. @stooged just do it for testing purposes I think. For whatever you are having right now I think it is normal, so just keep on installing and you will know it works.

Another example:
60GB / 500GB (before you install anything new, current diff = 500-60 = 440GB space left)
70GB / 500GB (now you install a 10GB game, current diff = 500-70 = 430GB space left)
70GB / 510GB (now you move the game to ext, current diff = 510-70 = 440GB space left)

so now you end up with the same space left you start with. The space left will never change and you can install more game.

so forth so forth....

p.s. of course now your ext hdd have 10GB less. That's given.

Another way to easily check this without doing any calculations is to see the free space by going into Settings > Storage > HDD. The amount of free space will be increased after you perform move with this package.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back